过量会导致手指麻木,困倦,骨质疏松等多种症状,现在我全面停止了喝咖啡

来源: tianfangye 2013-07-22 09:00:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9743 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ tianfangye ] 在 2013-07-22 09:01:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

ZT
www.healthcaremagic.com/doctorchatlogs/Numbness-with-tingling-within-hours-of-caffiene-intake/41842

Numbness with tingling within hours of caffiene intake. - Online Doctor Chats

User :
  My left arm is numb and tingly. I has caffeine for the first time ina long time today. Could that be related?
Doctor :   hi
User :   good evenign
User :   evening
Doctor :   since when it has been this way?
User :   About three o'clock today
User :   actually about 5 today
Doctor :   after having caffiene, after how much time gap did this start?
User :   about three hours
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   which caffeinated beverage/food have you taken?
User :   coffee
User :   1 cup
User :   about 12 ounces
User :   I'm just worried this could be the onset of a stoke or heart attack. I am 25 and overweight, but I have lost weight recently (30lbs)
Doctor :   caffiene is known to cause nausea, vomiting, numbness in fingers and toes, confusion and drowsiness when taken in overdose
Doctor :   are you having any of these other symptoms?
Doctor :   are you having palpitations, chest tightness, breathing trouble along with this numbness and tingling?
User :   No breathing trouble or anything like that. I have had some pain in my chest, but it feels more like a pulled muscle than anything internal and it is more to the side under my left breast
Doctor :   are you having chest pain, left sided radiating to left shoulder or jaw?
User :   its isn't like a stinging pain at all
Doctor :   are you feeling weak is there itching?
User :   more of an annoyance than anything
User :   what do you mean by itching
User :   ?
Doctor :   i mean to ask if itching is associated along with the numbness/tingling?
User :   I didn't feel weak today at all. I came home and took a nap, because I felt tired, but that isn't anything out of the ordinary.
User :   I haven't had any itching sensation yet
User :   I rubbed it to try to get the numbness out, but it didn't work
Doctor :   i suggest you to relax first, drink a lot of water about 8-10 glasses over next 2-3 hours time
User :   I pumped my hand, and it went away for a while but the numbness came back
Doctor :   if the feeling stil continues and or if you develop any of the above symptoms that i asked you
Doctor :   report to your doctor immediately or to Emergency room, and get a ECG done and seek medical attention
User :   Do you think it might be nerve related? or Carpal Tunnel?
Doctor :   avoid taking any tea/coffee/caffienated beverages over next 48 hours
User :   or do you think it is the caffiene
Doctor :   carpal tunnel will not affect the entire arm, it wil be more concentrated towards the wrist area
Doctor :   the symptoms that you mentioned along with the fact that you are overweight, suggest caffiene side -effects
User :   that is just shocking that 12 ounces could do that to me
User :   wow
Doctor :   if you are or have become sensitive to caffiene even 1 ounce can satrt producing mild effects
User :   I have never had this happen before after drinking coffee
User :   I used to drink a ton of soda but then I went on my diet and I haven't had a lot for the past 3-4 months (compared to what I used to drink), when I did have soda, it left me with acid reflux, but never numbness. This is the first time I have had caffiene though in over a week.
User :   Would that cause me to develop intolerence
Doctor :   excess caffine intake can lead to sensitiveness in the long run, and can cause you to beocme sensitive to small doses too
Doctor :   i would suggest you to confirm or rule out sensitivity to caffinece and related products
Doctor :   by doing a "allergen patch test" . it will show what other substances you are sensitive to
Doctor :   such that you can avoid them in future
User :   So if the numbness goes away, it is probably the caffeine
Doctor :   you can go through this link given below to know more on caffine and its side effects
Doctor :   yes, if the numbness goes away with sometime and also the ECG comes back normal, it is due to caffiene.
Doctor :   so get a ECG done and an examination to confirm the exact cause
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   this is the link for 'side effects related to caffiene'
Doctor :   you go through in you free time
User :   what is an ecg?
User :   and do I need to go to the ER or can it wait for my checkup with my Dr. on the 24th?
Doctor :   ECG is to see signals in the heart and if any abnormality is there further tests can be done to rule out any pathology from heart
Doctor :   as i said earlier, if your symptoms do not improve within 2-3 hours, report to your doctor immediately or visit ER.
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   how much does it cost? We don't have insurance and that kind of worries me.
Doctor :   please get back to me in case you have doubts
User :   yes..I have the information, Give it 2-3 hours then if it doesn't go away, contact my dr. or go to the ER
Doctor :   Electrocardiogram (ECG), Cost with routine varies from $32 - $56.
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
User :   an ecg will be able to pinpoint if there is something going on with my heart? Right?
Doctor :   yes
User :   ok...thank you so much for your help..you guys are truly a blessing for us worriers out there
Doctor :   please fill the feedback form, say done when done
User :   I would have spent a lot of money at an ER
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries. Please refer your friends to our service.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”