我转发一份近年3-4月份,我街坊的邮件,她的好朋友新冠去世的教训

来源: 这年头谁怕谁 2020-12-07 12:45:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3007 bytes)

希望给大家一些启示。

Early Thursday morning we were shocked and saddened by the news that a very dear friend had just lost
her fight with Covid 19. She was only 58, tall, strong with absolutely no pre-existing health conditions.
Thursday, the week before, she had been rushed to emergency in bad shape. Saturday she was
released, considered a minor case suitable for convalescence at home, where she lived with her
husband and son, both trained first responders. The hospital told them that they needed the bed and
her case wasn’t bad enough. She was, however, still fighting a serious pneumonia. By Tuesday she was
feeling better and we all thought she was in the clear. Late Wednesday evening she started feeling a bit
worse. Her son and husband took turns checking on her through the night to make sure she was alright
and to give her water to keep her hydrated. At 4:00 am she still seemed to be OK, but when they
checked her again, they found her unresponsive. CPR was unable to revive her.
I know this is only one anecdotal case, but there is one clear takeaway from this very sad story. I know
her family is wishing they had taken her back to emergency the moment that they noticed her condition
take a turn for the worse. Our daughter-in-law, an emergency room physician, has identified another.
She has asked us and her own parents to purchase a home defibrillator. Having one may or may not
have helped in our friend’s case, indeed, nothing, even hospitalization, may have helped here. This virus
is so vicious that can cause death in multiple ways and at this point we don’t know what the actual cause
was in her case.
I am told that another useful item to have on hand is an oxygen level monitor. Your oxygen levels can
drop significantly without you showing any obvious signs of distress. The argument could be made that
purchasing a defibrillator and oxygen monitor will make them unavailable to emergency personnel.
Should there be a shortage, they could always be donated at that time. Hospitals are equipped with
professional equipment and are unlikely to need those intended for home or place of business use.
Having a few available within a community of friends or in a family, may provide quick access to people
who need monitoring.
Please share this with your friends so that they can be aware of changes in the condition of their loved
ones who may now or in future find themselves fighting this dreadful virus at home. I also find myself
very worried about people who live alone and are self-isolating with a confirmed case of the virus. I
think it is important that we check in with these folks on a very regular basis to see how they are doing.

所有跟帖: 

今年*** typo -这年头谁怕谁- 给 这年头谁怕谁 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2020 postreply 12:51:01

你可以编辑修改啊 -dudaan- 给 dudaan 发送悄悄话 dudaan 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2020 postreply 12:55:20

是,不太熟悉文学城发帖技巧。哈哈。一般只会看。 -这年头谁怕谁- 给 这年头谁怕谁 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2020 postreply 13:31:16

看这个,很容易,点击编辑就可以改 -dudaan- 给 dudaan 发送悄悄话 dudaan 的博客首页 (87 bytes) () 12/07/2020 postreply 13:48:17

网上查了,要1000多? -hz82000- 给 hz82000 发送悄悄话 hz82000 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2020 postreply 13:07:53

3,4月份的病毒最凶险。 -exf- 给 exf 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/08/2020 postreply 11:18:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”