转CNN关于疫苗的一则消息

来源: XYZ3 2016-03-26 20:14:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3251 bytes)

The Tribeca Film Festival is canceling plans to host the world premiere of an anti-vaccine film called "Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe."

Festival co-founder Robert De Niro, who defended the inclusion of the film just one day earlier, said Saturday that "we have decided to remove it from our schedule."

The strange U-turn underscores the extraordinarily controversial nature of the public conversation around vaccinations.

"Vaxxed" was directed by Andrew Wakefield, an activist and former doctor whose 1998 study linking autism to childhood vaccines was discredited and retracted years ago.

Its acceptance into the prestigious Tribeca Film Festival came as a surprise. The Los Angeles Times highlighted the controversial decision earlier this week.

On Friday, De Niro came forward and said it was his advocacy for "Vaxxed" that landed it a spot on the festival schedule.

De Niro said he and his wife Grace Hightower "have a child with autism and we believe it is critical that all of the issues surrounding the causes of autism be openly discussed and examined."

"In the 15 years since the Tribeca Film Festival was founded, I have never asked for a film to be screened or gotten involved in the programming," De Niro said in a statement. "However this is very personal to me and my family and I want there to be a discussion, which is why we will be screening 'Vaxxed.'"

He emphasized that he is not "personally endorsing the film," nor is he "anti-vaccination."

About 24 hours later, De Niro followed up with a new and very different statement.

"After reviewing" the film "over the past few days with the Tribeca Film Festival team and others from the scientific community, we do not believe it contributes to or furthers the discussion I had hoped for," he said in a statement distributed by the festival.

De Niro continued: "The festival doesn't seek to avoid or shy away from controversy. However, we have concerns with certain things in this film that we feel prevent us from presenting it in the Festival program. We have decided to remove it from our schedule."

De Niro did not specify who "we" represented, but the festival was also co-founded by Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff.

On Saturday evening, the web site for "Vaxxed" still promoted an April 24 premiere at Tribeca. Tickets were supposed to go on sale next Tuesday. Representatives for the film did not respond to requests for comment.

所有跟帖: 

要去看看这个电影,为什么被压制不允许讨论 -羽衣甘蓝- 给 羽衣甘蓝 发送悄悄话 羽衣甘蓝 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/26/2016 postreply 21:20:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”