十分普遍的现象。

来源: 医者意也 2016-02-15 13:04:49 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (194233 bytes)
回答: 有了解儿童抽动症的吗?greenleaf3042016-02-15 12:26:28

Vaccines as a Trigger for Tics and Tourette Syndrome

We have a very popular article on our site: “Finding Triggers for Tics and Tourette Syndrome: A Must Read.” This week a reader, Melissa, posted a comment for the article asking why vaccines were not included on the list as a tic trigger.

Melissa was right, and vaccines have now been added to the main list. Research has indicated a clear connection. Meanwhile, Melissa added this information: I have 11-year-old triplets. Two of them are ADHD and have had intermittent tics. One of these two did the Cunningham panel (while it was still being researched) and registered in the PANDAS/PANS range. She has always been terrified of shots. Maybe she has a reason to be. She always tics for weeks after vaccines. Nothing in particular, just all of them. I think it’s probably that they burden her (probably overactive) immune system, and tics are the result.

Studies have not been completed on specific vaccines and tics, with or without thimerosal, which has now been phased out of most, but not all, vaccines.

It seems to be a “well kept secret” that research links vaccines containing thimerosal to tics. 

Have you seen any articles in the media emphasizing thimerosal in vaccines as a cause of tics?  Me neither, but we should have. In fact we are waiting for the national Tourette Syndrome Association to bring this issue of  tics and thimerosal to the attention of the media and public. To date (Septemeber 2014) they have not done so.

This article summarizes four studies on the use of thimerosal in vaccines and its effect on neurodevelopmental delays. The research was published between 2004 and 2008.

It is striking that the development of tics was the most common consequence of the thimerosal exposure based on the study of select conditions. We should point out that there is some controversy regarding the statistical approaches used in the different studies, particularly because some studies do not show a link to autism while others do.

To read the abstracts for each study, click on the links below. Our short summary is provided to  show the consistent tic connection. As you will see, other neurological conditions were also found to be negatively affected by the thimerosal.

This discovery on the relationship between the toxin methylmercury and the development of tics is hugely important. First, it highlights the relationship between tics and neurotoxins. This should put families on alert that they should not only avoid all exposures to toxins but should also consider evaluation for toxic overload, with follow-up treatment plans developed as needed. Second, given the results of this research, thimerosal exposure should be avoided by those with tics and Tourette syndrome as well as pregnant women. It is currently standard in flu vaccines, but you can request to have the vaccine without the preservative thimerosal.

Don’t believe it? See for yourself

Thimerosal exposure in infants and neurodevelopmental disorders: an assessment of computerized medical records in the Vaccine Safety Datalink.

Summarized results: Consistent significantly increased rate ratios were observed for autism, autism spectrum disorders, tics, attention deficit disorder, and emotional disturbances with Hg exposure from TCVs. Geier & Geier  J Neurol Sci. 2008 Aug 15;271(1-2):110-8. Epub 2008 May

A two-phased population epidemiological study of the safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: a follow-up analysis.

. . . significant associations between cumulative exposures to thimerosal and the following types of NDs: unspecified developmental delay, tics, attention deficit disorder (ADD), language delay, speech delay, and neurodevelopmental delays in general.  Geier & Geier  Med Sci Monit. 2005 Apr;11(4):CR160-70. Epub 2005 Mar 24

Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a retrospective cohort study in the United kingdom does not support a causal association.

Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a retrospective cohort study in the United kingdom does not support a causal association. With the possible exception of tics, there was no evidence that thimerosal exposure via DTP/DT vaccines causes neurodevelopmental disorders.  Andrews, Miller, Grant et al Pediatrics. 2004 Sep;114(3):584-91

Safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: a two-phased study of computerized health maintenance organization databases.

Relative risks for neurodevelopmental disorders were calculated per increase of 12.5 micro g of estimated cumulative mercury exposure from TCVs in the first, third, and seventh months of life. Results: In phase I at HMO A, cumulative exposure at 3 months resulted in a significant positive association with tics.   Verstraeten, Davis, DeStefano et al; Pediatrics. 2003 Nov;112(5):1039-48

8REPLIES
  1. Dr Arthur Da Lamba
    Dr Arthur Da Lambasays:

Thank you Very Much for your sharing! Yes, indeed there seems to be a link to Vaccines being implicated in Tics and Tourette Syndrome like Symptoms! This is especially true with Vaccines contains Thimerosal (Methyl Mercury)!

Although it seems that Vaccines containing Thimerosal are being phased out, they are perhaps being replaced with something even more deadly, in terms of side effects – Aluminum hydroxide and related derivatives! This is true if Vaccines such as Gardisil! Please see my postings and updates on LinkedIn!

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Dr D

2. Dr B
    Dr Bsays:

Thimerosal is not just “being phased out” of vaccines for children. It’s been out of all of them for a decade or more, which is why you won’t be seeing any new research on the topic, since the exposure has ceased. The multi-dose influenza vaccine vial may contain thimerosal, but that’s not offered to children.

• Tam
      Tamsays:

I would have to disagree that the thimersol has been eliminated or phased out of children’s vaccines for ANY length of time much less decades or more. I saw a video of a doctor who explained how he had a random test done on a “mercury-free” vaccine–can’t remember if it was the flu shot or what. Anyway, the vaccine came up mercury POSITIVE! It was NOT mercury free even though they said it was! Furthermore, when I researched it out for myself what was in the vaccines, I kept reading that there was no guarantee of any of the vaccines that used to contain Thimersol to be mercury free now. They kept saying that there may be “traces” of it in them. My doctor told me that these traces like .01 mcg (I believe that was the level I kept reading could be present) were toxic levels!

• Sheila Rogers DeMare, MS
        Sheila Rogers DeMare, MSsays:

Tam, you are right that thimerosal is still present in some vaccines, especially flu vaccines. See this article by the CDC It is a preservative so it is included in flu multi-dose flu vaccines. But single dose versions are available and can be requested. Also the “trace amounts” are acknowledged by the CDC in the linked article: “no new vaccine licensed by FDA for use in children has contained thimerosal as a preservative and all vaccines routinely recommended by CDC for children younger than 6 years of age have been thimerosal-free, or contain only trace amounts of thimerosal, except for some formulations of influenza vaccine.

3. bbmomof3
    bbmomof3says:

My son received a tetanus shot when he was about 12. Exactly one week later his arm at the injection site began to develop red bumps which gradually grew together into one red raised rash. By the next morning it was pretty big. Sometime later that year (I couldn’t not pinpoint how much time went by because I wasn’t thinking anything would happen) I began to see him have twitching and trembling in his arms when he was writing and the more I asked him to stop the more he did it. At first I thought he was doing it to “bug mom”. But I soon began to become worried as I noticed he also started having eye tics (out of sync blinking). As his mom I began to notice every out of sync movement he made and it seemed like he would stretch his arms often, etc. It wasn’t full blown but enough that I became very concerned about how people who hadn’t seen him would react. Eventually, the arm things went away but not the eye tics and I took him to an eye doctor and he said he had “dry” eyes. I kept thinking this was happening either because of stress from changes in our family (his sister getting married and moving away and his brother going to college) or from playing video games, so I had him stop for a couple of weeks and cut down on games for a while, but it didn’t eliminate the eye tics. Then one day “the light came on” and I wondered if this might be related to the Tetanus shot he received. Before this shot, the only vaccines he had received where right at his birth and then I stopped vaccinating him as I didn’t feel comfortable about it. But when he was 12 and got the tetanus shot, at this time I figured he was old enough to have any adverse affects so I thought he would be safe. He is now 14 and his eye tic is almost unnoticeable. I can notice it still but not to the point that I worry about others noticing it. The arm shaking and other body movements completely went away, but I am very concerned about him ever receiving any vaccines and having these adverse reactions come back. Just wanted to share our story and wondered if anyone else had a similar experience with the tetanus shot.

4. Adam
    Adamsays:

My 5 year old son had most all of his vaccinations by the time he started Kindergarten. However he was missing a few and after the first 2 weeks of school the teacher sent home a note saying if he didn’t get his remaining vaccinations he wouldn’t be allowed back to school. The next day I took him to get the remaining shots. About a week later he started clearing his throat repetitively. Then it changed to him twisting his head as if he was trying to get hair out of his eyes. I’m convinced these tics started as a result of his last set of vaccinations. He had never shown any signs of tics before that.

• Cindy
      Cindysays:

My son developed tics after flu vaccine this fall. Has your child’s tics subsided yet? I’m wondering how long this will last. It’s horrific to watch

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion? 
Feel free to contribute!

We have a very popular article on our site: “Finding Triggers for Tics and Tourette Syndrome: A Must Read.” This week a reader, Melissa, posted a comment for the article asking why vaccines were not included on the list as a tic trigger.

Melissa was right, and vaccines have now been added to the main list. Research has indicated a clear connection. Meanwhile, Melissa added this information: I have 11-year-old triplets. Two of them are ADHD and have had intermittent tics. One of these two did the Cunningham panel (while it was still being researched) and registered in the PANDAS/PANS range. She has always been terrified of shots. Maybe she has a reason to be. She always tics for weeks after vaccines. Nothing in particular, just all of them. I think it’s probably that they burden her (probably overactive) immune system, and tics are the result.

Studies have not been completed on specific vaccines and tics, with or without thimerosal, which has now been phased out of most, but not all, vaccines.

It seems to be a “well kept secret” that research links vaccines containing thimerosal to tics. 

Have you seen any articles in the media emphasizing thimerosal in vaccines as a cause of tics?  Me neither, but we should have. In fact we are waiting for the national Tourette Syndrome Association to bring this issue of  tics and thimerosal to the attention of the media and public. To date (Septemeber 2014) they have not done so.

This article summarizes four studies on the use of thimerosal in vaccines and its effect on neurodevelopmental delays. The research was published between 2004 and 2008.

It is striking that the development of tics was the most common consequence of the thimerosal exposure based on the study of select conditions. We should point out that there is some controversy regarding the statistical approaches used in the different studies, particularly because some studies do not show a link to autism while others do.

To read the abstracts for each study, click on the links below. Our short summary is provided to  show the consistent tic connection. As you will see, other neurological conditions were also found to be negatively affected by the thimerosal.

This discovery on the relationship between the toxin methylmercury and the development of tics is hugely important. First, it highlights the relationship between tics and neurotoxins. This should put families on alert that they should not only avoid all exposures to toxins but should also consider evaluation for toxic overload, with follow-up treatment plans developed as needed. Second, given the results of this research, thimerosal exposure should be avoided by those with tics and Tourette syndrome as well as pregnant women. It is currently standard in flu vaccines, but you can request to have the vaccine without the preservative thimerosal.

Don’t believe it? See for yourself

Thimerosal exposure in infants and neurodevelopmental disorders: an assessment of computerized medical records in the Vaccine Safety Datalink.

Summarized results: Consistent significantly increased rate ratios were observed for autism, autism spectrum disorders, tics, attention deficit disorder, and emotional disturbances with Hg exposure from TCVs. Geier & Geier  J Neurol Sci. 2008 Aug 15;271(1-2):110-8. Epub 2008 May

A two-phased population epidemiological study of the safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: a follow-up analysis.

. . . significant associations between cumulative exposures to thimerosal and the following types of NDs: unspecified developmental delay, tics, attention deficit disorder (ADD), language delay, speech delay, and neurodevelopmental delays in general.  Geier & Geier  Med Sci Monit. 2005 Apr;11(4):CR160-70. Epub 2005 Mar 24

Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a retrospective cohort study in the United kingdom does not support a causal association.

Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: a retrospective cohort study in the United kingdom does not support a causal association. With the possible exception of tics, there was no evidence that thimerosal exposure via DTP/DT vaccines causes neurodevelopmental disorders.  Andrews, Miller, Grant et al Pediatrics. 2004 Sep;114(3):584-91

Safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: a two-phased study of computerized health maintenance organization databases.

Relative risks for neurodevelopmental disorders were calculated per increase of 12.5 micro g of estimated cumulative mercury exposure from TCVs in the first, third, and seventh months of life. Results: In phase I at HMO A, cumulative exposure at 3 months resulted in a significant positive association with tics.   Verstraeten, Davis, DeStefano et al; Pediatrics. 2003 Nov;112(5):1039-48

所有跟帖: 

vaccine真的与抽动症的发生有直接关系吗? -greenleaf304- 给 greenleaf304 发送悄悄话 (119 bytes) () 02/15/2016 postreply 20:19:52

当然和疫苗有关。只不过没有人想触动这个敏感话题而已。但是不谈论它并不代表它不存在。 -医者意也- 给 医者意也 发送悄悄话 医者意也 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/16/2016 postreply 07:11:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”