But I can't come to the conclusion that peanut oil is not safe t

来源: Lily168 2014-09-24 08:14:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1317 bytes)
"Peanut Oil, either "laboratory expressed" or extracted using a food-grade solvent, was not carcinogenic to mice. Peanut Oil exerted anticarcinogenic activity when tested against known carcinogens."

"Aflatoxins can be produced in stored agricultural crops such as peanuts, but do not partition into the oils, acids, or glycerides. Manufacturers were cautioned to make certain that the oils, acids, and glycerides are free of aflatoxins and protein"

"Hepatic changes were noted at microscopic examination of rats fed diets containing 15% edible Peanut Oil for 28 days"
this is a concern, but 15% seems to be a high dose, and it does not specify what kind of hepatic changes. And it does not link the changes to aflatoxin in this study.

So I will not base my decision on peanut oil on this study.

And the common sense way to look at this: Aflatoxin is a well-known toxin closely related to peanut, so it will be a QA priority for the manufacturers. If peanut oil becomes associated in the consumers' mind with unsafe amount of aflatoxin, most people will not buy it and the manufacturers go out of business. It makes economical sense for the manufacturers to watch over it.

所有跟帖: 

吃啥买啥都是综合考量。一般能注意个80%就不错了吧。 -Lily168- 给 Lily168 发送悄悄话 Lily168 的博客首页 (102 bytes) () 09/24/2014 postreply 10:15:22

In the end, it does not seem to be unsafe, but is not an optimal -Lily168- 给 Lily168 发送悄悄话 Lily168 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/24/2014 postreply 10:24:54

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”