最危险的分心驾驶行为:开车上网

来源: JoshuaChow 2011-03-07 10:26:39 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2005 bytes)

警察建议:开车时把手机关掉。

良好的驾驶习惯是:1)双手握住方向盘;2)眼睛观察路况;3)保持适当的车距。

Drivers remain captivated by their cell phones, according to the results of a new study on distracted driving.

State Farm Insurance said one-in-five drivers now admit to surfing the web while behind the wheel, which is different from texting while driving. The study found more people are actually reading emails, surfing the net and even watching videos.

"I really do try and focus on driving and I try to instill that in my kids," said Tara Shirley from Rocky River. Shirley said she doesn't do it and she wants her children to know about the dangers of distracted driving.

"I mean, that's like a big distraction, that's worse than texting while driving," said Lauren Shirley, 16. Lauren is a soon-to-be driver who is learning about the hazards of what can happen when you "web and drive."

"It's all about processing information. It slows down the processing of information and your reaction time gets reduced dramatically, fatally at times," said Patrick Fiorilli. He's a Lakewood policeman and driving instructor at 911 Driving School on Detroit Road in Rocky River.

As the owner of 911, Mike Kelly said parents are encouraged to engage in the learning process with their kids and hold them accountable if they become distracted behind the wheel. "The consequences couldn't be more dire and unfortunately, we read about it everyday in the metro section of every paper, that someone was in a fatal accident," said Kelly.

"I think you need to be paying attention to what you're supposed to be doing and that's driving the car, not doing these other things," said Officer Fiorilli.

The study also found that nearly 80-percent of drivers now talk on the phone while driving. The police encourage everyone to put down the phone or shut it off while in the car, so no one is tempted.

-  By Mark Zinni Fox 8 News Reporter

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>

• 最危险的分心驾驶行为:开车上网
  • 从奥斯卡最佳电影《国王的演讲》,看西方的医患关系和医生的独立人格(多图)
  • 把填海垃圾变成艺术珍品:浅评奥斯卡提名的纪录片《垃圾地》(Waste Land)(多图)
  • 半数成年男人是人乳头状瘤病毒的带毒者 (图)
  • HIPAA的真缔: 美国病人的隐私权神圣不可侵犯
  • 请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”