回复:提上来问一个问题

来源: 轻轻河边草 2010-12-09 14:00:55 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2864 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 轻轻河边草 ] 在 2010-12-09 21:08:04 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

what I do not understand is why the hospital keep the kid in emergency, not in the ward? the author did not say that it was appendicitis only, so the kid must wait for oncall surgery. from 2am at emergency to 5 pm in OR, as oncall OR, not too bad, the unlucky thing was that the surgeon (I do not think ER doctor will do the surgery, he must consult the surgeon) did not find out it was penetrating already.

I know that waiting oncall surgery is very painful, but OR surgery is scheduled, unless it is life threatening, they will wait for the vacancy.

I really feel bad for this family, every unlucky thing happened to her, plus he does not understand something in the hospital, it made her more frustrated, such as:

1, Fluid infusion through a pump(in china, we cannot offord a machine, so the nurses count the drip with the watch). the machine is way too sensitive.

2, the PICC line treatment at home. if the patinet need long antibiotics treatment, the community nursing will take over, the nurse should set the antibiotic bag on the machine, if the doctor ordered every 8 hours treatment, the machine will automatically give treatment every 8 hours, nowadays, PICC is valved, does not need haparin lock, so the nurse may teach patient family to flush the line with NS.

It is so different from China,  because we can stay in the hospital till we are totally healed. my friend stayed in hospital for over a month for shingles, if she were here, she would not even be admitted.

3, She said the techinician would not tell her the result. it is so true, but do not blame her, she is only a technician not a doctor. she will lose her licence if she did so. I remember when I went to have a gastroscopy, I would love the doctor tell me right away what happened to me, but he did not, he booked an appointment 2 weeks after. whereas in China, if you know the technician, they will tell you right away, too bad.

there are so many misunderstandings between her and the nurses/doctors/hospital systems, I understand her feeling. I remember 22 years ago, when my son was a baby,one day, I went home, my mom told me that he cried when she fed him,  but stopped crying when he was not eating, I suspected that he had intestin obstruction, so I bought him to a pediatric profession's home, he confirmed my doubt, I bought him to diagnostic dept, he did a Xay, and revised the intestin, so he is fully recovered. I did not even bring him to ER, becaues I knew everyone in those departments. on the other hand, my cousin's daughter also suffered obstruction intestin, she needed to have surgery to remove some of the instestins.

So good to have some medical knowledge and know someone in the hospital, for all the good things I like in Canada, I miss those benefits that I had in China.

所有跟帖: 

这位说的很有理,是明白人。 -wxcid201- 给 wxcid201 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/09/2010 postreply 14:12:09

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”