买花生酱的时候要小心

来源: dudaan 2010-10-31 07:45:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3646 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ dudaan ] 在 2010-10-31 12:02:46 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

花生酱是美国最普通最廉价的食品之一。

我们这些老中来美国以后不容易在美国超市买到在中国常吃的芝麻酱,就用花生酱来代替。无论是涮羊肉还是凉拌菜,虽然味道略差但也将就了。而且大家对美国产品的质量和保质期等也都比较放心。但是其实有很大的问题。

首先,普通花生酱里都有加氢植物油。Hydrogenated vegetable oil.通常是加氢的菜籽油、棉籽油、豆油或者几种的混合。现在我们已经知道,加氢植物油含有反式脂肪酸,对身体有害。但是令人困惑的是,在花生酱的营养标签上,反式脂肪的含量为零。这是怎么回事?

我找到一篇文章:

Most of the major brands of peanut butter contain partially hydrogenated oils, which we recommend that you avoid (see report #N185.) Partially hydrogenated oils are solid at room temperature, so the peanut butter manufacturers use them to keep the oil from separating and to give their products a very long shelf life. They don't have to add very much partially hydrogenated oil, but it is there – look at the list of ingredients. They try to fool you because if the amount is less than .5 grams per serving, they can say "0 grams of trans fats" or "no trans fats." A serving of peanut butter is two tablespoons -- so they can put as much as 8 grams of trans fats in a 16-ounce jar and still attach a label that says "No Trans Fats"!.

If you think it's important to avoid trans fats, as we do, you will read the list of ingredients on every processed food you buy and put back any that include the words "partially hydrogenated" or "hydrogenated". For most peanut butter lovers, that meant a trip to a specialty store to get freshly-ground peanut butter or one of the smaller brands that contain only peanuts (and that's still a perfectly good solution.)

Most supermarkets now carry at least a few brands that don't contain partially hydrogenated oils. My current favorite is Smart Balance Omega Peanut Butter, which has the added bonus of omega-3 fatty acids, "good fats" that we all need.

You'll notice when you pick up a jar that there's about ½" of oil at the top. You need to stir this in before you use it. One caller said she pours it off -- but that doesn't really help anything and may make the peanut butter feel to stiff. (Peanuts are very high in fat even after you've poured off the oil, so if you're concerned about calories or total fat content, you're better off with another food.)

I hope that supermarkets are getting the message that we want choices that don't contain partially hydrogenated oils – in peanut butter and all other foods. If you can't find these peanut butter in your supermarket, go to the Customer Service desk and 1) ask if they carry any peanut butter without partially hydrogenated oils (they may be able to tell you where it is), and 2) if the answer is no, ask them to stock some. If you find any other brands of peanut butter stocked in supermarkets, let me know and I'll add them to my list.

简单的说这是个数字游戏,如果你吃一瓶花生酱(16盎司),就会吃8克反式脂肪。

加氢植物油的好处是让酱和油不分离,吃的时候不必搅拌,另外是保质期长。如果和健康比起来,还是吃不加这种油的好。

有的厂家推出了Natural品种,仍然是油酱交融,不必搅拌,这又是怎么回事呢?仔细看,加了棕榈油,而棕榈油是最不健康的植物油之一。

另外,据说很多厂家会先将花生漂白bleaching,不知道为什么,这恐怕也不好。

所以,买的时候最好买未经漂白的(unbleached)纯花生酱,除了花生之外,什么都不加,价格也不贵,我们这儿的Trader Joe也就是两美元以内。

当然如果能买三美元左右的有机花生酱就更好了。

不过,纯花生酱和有机花生酱的保质期较短,不宜多买,建议随吃随买。

所有跟帖: 

在Wholefood 有机器,你可以自己做花生酱 -dudaan- 给 dudaan 发送悄悄话 dudaan 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 07:58:46

谢谢分享。那么在亚洲超市买的油酱分离的芝麻酱花生酱是否要健康些? -闲情- 给 闲情 发送悄悄话 闲情 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 08:26:52

没有研究,你要仔细读标签 -dudaan- 给 dudaan 发送悄悄话 dudaan 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 08:31:04

谢谢揭秘,把不健康成分控制在略微低于必须标出的分量是食品工业的一个不传之秘 -viewfinder- 给 viewfinder 发送悄悄话 (63 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 11:26:53

谢谢提醒。买加工过的食品真的要小心。 -爱令- 给 爱令 发送悄悄话 爱令 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 12:53:13

芝麻酱可以用Food Processor做!磨得时间短是芝麻粉,磨得时间长成芝麻酱,请看。。 -华灜- 给 华灜 发送悄悄话 华灜 的博客首页 (224 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 16:44:15

哇!原来都得自己做才可靠啊!俺已经吃进去太多的反式脂肪了!! -daqiu.- 给 daqiu. 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 17:44:59

daqiu同志:革命不分先后~~ -华灜- 给 华灜 发送悄悄话 华灜 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 18:17:23

It seems I have to follow you -daqiu.- 给 daqiu. 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 19:17:41

Follow the truth please! -华灜- 给 华灜 发送悄悄话 华灜 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/01/2010 postreply 04:23:42

刚才审视了一下我的Kroger花生酱瓶,它的说明书说,TransFat=0, 含有 Hydrogenated Oil -daqiu.- 给 daqiu. 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 18:44:52

据国内的一些报道,漂白花生可以减少黄曲霉污染 -dudaan- 给 dudaan 发送悄悄话 dudaan 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 20:58:20

谢谢普及,幸亏早早就放弃这些厂家生产的果酱了。 -婪妈- 给 婪妈 发送悄悄话 婪妈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/31/2010 postreply 21:34:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”