reply from SC Johnson re microwaving saran and ziplock

来源: jaydad 2009-02-20 17:09:15 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2907 bytes)
my response -

I understand the products in discussion have no chlorine dontent, thus no implication of dioxin.

My question was about whether plasticizer, such as phthalates or DEHA adipates, is present in these polyethylene products by SC Johnson. I do hope you can be direct.

The reason behind consumers worry was exactly that FDA safety standards seem to be protecting the industry more than safe-guarding the consuming public. Bisphenol-A scandal of 2008 shall serve as a wakeup call. Imaging yourself microwave heating milk in polycarbonate bottle and feeding babies with BPA monomer - and FDA says it was perfectly safe! These babies will grow breasts at age 9 and breast cancer by age 29 - can FDA be proud of such trend?

- xxxx

their answer = no answer

Subject: RE: SC Johnson Inquiry
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:50:43 -0600

Hi xxxxx,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I thought I had responded to you weeks ago – it appears I did not and that is my mistake. To address your question, SC Johnson Saran8482; and Ziploc® products are safe to use in the microwave and can be used with confidence.

When used in the microwave, there is no trace level migration of dioxins from any Saran 8482; or Ziploc® product. We know this because these products are 100% dioxin-free. You also should be aware that dioxins can only be formed when chlorine is combined with extremely high temperatures, such as the temperatures generated in waste incinerators. Those incinerators produce temperatures of more than 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit, an extreme temperature that even the most powerful consumer microwave ovens are unable to produce.

Our Saran 8482; and Ziploc® products can be used with confidence when label directions are followed. All Saran 8482; Wraps, Ziploc® Containers and microwaveable Ziploc® Bags meet the safety requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for temperatures associated with defrosting and reheating food in microwave ovens, as well as room, refrigerator, and freezer temperatures.

As a family company, nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of the families who use SC Johnson products. That’s why it is so important for us to set the record straight, that when used according to label directions, consumers can continue to use Ziploc® and all SC Johnson products with confidence.

If you have further questions about the use of plastic wrap or plastic bags in the microwave, our trade association can also help you. We encourage you to reach out to the Consumer Specialty Products Association at http://www.cspa.org/ for additional details and information.

Again, I apologize for the delay—a response was always intended.

Best regards,

xxxxxx
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”