The pain of visiting doctors

来源: 云易 2009-09-22 12:33:32 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1298 bytes)
Some of my friends always ask me to get help from experts, but my experience with experts are 99% negetive.
Pat Sullivan (also a famous entrepreneur, founder of ACT), the auther of the book I am reading now ("Wellness, piece by piece") has visited tones of "experts". But still, most causes of his chronic illness were found by himself (he certainly is an intelligent man). He described one of his experience with a doctor: once after he read a book about a hormone called cortisol, he was convienced that his cortisol level was not enough. So he brought the book to the doctor and talked to him about it. What suprised Mr. Sullivan was, not only this doctor agreed with him, he actually was familiar with this cortisol theory and he was a student of the author of that book Sullivan just read! But he never suspected Mr. Sullivan could have such problem! Then after running a test they found that Sullivan's cortisol level was indeed very low!
Only if this doctor could suspect this earlier... What a time, money and energy waste! After finishing reading this chapter, my doubt about "experts" was even encreased.

visit my "body and mind" blog:
http://bodypainanddepression.blogspot.com/

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • Backfire of CFS! (CFS --> 慢性疲劳综合症)
  • My art journal blog
  • “博爱”
  • 人怕出名猪怕壮。费德勒在美国并不被重视。
  • The pain of visiting doctors
  • 所有跟帖: 

谢谢有用的信息,我以前也怀疑我身体中的可的松水平低,看来很有可能,需要做测定。 -贪玩- 给 贪玩 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/22/2009 postreply 19:45:17

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”