This is a tragic story, but maybe it will help save lives.

来源: 西府来子 2008-12-23 13:16:15 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1324 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 西府来子 ] 在 2008-12-23 17:23:40 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
A Denver couple and their two young children died of carbon monoxide poisoning over the Thanksgiving holiday. They were staying in a newly built Aspen vacation home. Although the home is valued at $9 million, it appears that a pipe in the heating and snow melt system may have been poorly installed.

According to ABC News, investigators are still not certain if the house was equipped with a carbon monoxide detector.

This sad misfortune reminded me of an important detail I came across last year in a press release from the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Everyone knows that batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should be replaced two times each year, but every now and then the devices need replacing too.

CPSC officials note that alarm sensors may degrade and lose effectiveness over time, so it's important to replace warning devices every five years.

Please share this safety tip with friends and family – especially those who are elderly and might need help installing new alarms.

And I wouldn't have thought to do this before reading about the Colorado tragedy, but the next time I'm on vacation, you can be sure I'll check the premises to be sure smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are installed.

To Your Good Health,

Jenny Thompson

所有跟帖: 

谢谢分享. 圣诞节愉快! -闽姑- 给 闽姑 发送悄悄话 闽姑 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/23/2008 postreply 17:13:29

谢谢!恭贺新禧! -西府来子- 给 西府来子 发送悄悄话 西府来子 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/25/2008 postreply 09:47:07

谢谢,IT IS GOOD TO KNOW. -平凡男人- 给 平凡男人 发送悄悄话 平凡男人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/25/2008 postreply 15:25:09

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”