That's a strong indication for surgery. First of

来源: blhw72 2006-11-16 06:54:09 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1844 bytes)
all, age is the major factor affects on the treatment. If your friend is close to menopause, as estrogen level starts to go down, the fibroid tumor would shrink. But I guess your friend might be in 30s or 40s. If she has children already, no longer needs to consider fertilization, surgery would be a good choice since the tumor size is pretty big. There are two surgeries:

1. Myomectomy is the surgical removal of each individual tumor without damage to the uterus, preserving a woman's ability to conceive. However, fibroids will often grow back and although it is possible to have a myomectomy repeated, multiple myomectomies can cause other problems such as the walls of the uterus sticking together due to scarring.

2. Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the entire uterus while remain both ovaries. It's a pretty common gynaecological surgery. However, physcologically, quite a few women are concerned if the removal of the uterus would affect the quality of sexuality.

If your friend really really doesn't want a surgery, after consulting with her OB/GYN, the OB/GYN considers it could be alternated, there are certain alternatives:

Western Medicine:

Surgical Hysterectomy Alternatives

Myomectomy
Endometrial ablation
Uterine artery embalization
Uterine balloon therapy
Adhesiolysis
Hormonal Pharmacological Hysterectomy Alternatives

GnRH agonists with add-back therapy
Oral contraceptives
Androgens
RU-486
Gestrinone

Non-Hormonal Pharmacological Hysterectomy Alternatives

NSAIDs - Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs

Chinese Medicine:

Chinese herbs (sorry I can't provide inf. for I wasn't specialized on Chinese medicine)

Acupuncture

Hope all is well with your friend. Good luck.

所有跟帖: 

回复:That's a strong indication for surgery. First of -小猪红- 给 小猪红 发送悄悄话 (208 bytes) () 11/18/2006 postreply 02:38:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”