Tooth infection causes big problem, Need help!

My tooth infection cause the jaw bone infected, the Doctor said the bone is dead, they need to open it and clean it. the clean up is to take away a couple of good teeth and a part bone away. I just cannot believe it. so I come here to ask all experts help me. Thank you.

if you have interesting , the story is below.
I got a tooth (#19) infected on May 26th evening, the tooth has a big cavity, it got infected sometimes in the past, and usually the infection wouldn't last long (I think because I am a very helthy man.) but this time I was not so luck, I felt pain and had a fever in the second day (saturday) morning, and on the sunday morning I felt numb on the lip and the teeth. the lip and teeth are from the center of the jaw to the bad tooth, (I asked Doctor about this, the explaination is the nerve is somehow damaged by the infection) but I didn't realize that at that time, so I just went to see doctor for the fever, but the doctor said I should treat on the bad tooth, and gave me some antibiotic medicine( LEVAQUIN TAB 500MG), I just didn't realize the serious, and I hoped the medicine would work, but it turned out not. I went to the dentist on June 9th, had X-ray and removed the bad tooth, the dentist also gave me some antibiotic (AMOXICILLIN CAP 500MG, and CEPHLEXIN CAP 500MG). the numbing part was still numbing, I checked with the dentist again, and he told me the infection bone showed on the X-ray is not normal, I should see the Oral surgery experts. I went to see the Oral doctor in a University hospital today. The oral doctor had a quick check, and then a young doctor (a resident?) looked on x-ray pictures. and told the bone is dead. Thwy are planing to do surgery on me, and now I took CT and will do MRI next week. I cannot believe it, he explained to me usually it only happens on very weak people, and I am not old man (39).Now I am still taking medicine (CIINDAMYCIN CAP 150MG).

My questions: 1, is there any way to verify if the bone is dead or not? because I suspect they just want to do experiment on me (I feel guilty to think that).
2. if I decide not to do the clean up what will be the worst results.

Thank you for reading my bad English, and sorry about that I couldn't show you the X-ray pictures. please give suggestion.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you! -student1- 给 student1 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/01/2006 postreply 04:55:37

Thank you very much! -student1- 给 student1 发送悄悄话 (568 bytes) () 07/01/2006 postreply 05:12:44

回复:Also, you might want to check your HIV status -student1- 给 student1 发送悄悄话 (107 bytes) () 07/01/2006 postreply 04:52:54

Thank you, but for sure I don't have HIV -student1- 给 student1 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/01/2006 postreply 05:19:10

按 照 你 的 描 述 , 应 该 是 感 染 牙 根 引 起 的 -xiaocai- 给 xiaocai 发送悄悄话 (979 bytes) () 06/30/2006 postreply 23:03:51

回复:按 照 你 的 描 述 , 应 该 是 感 染 牙 根 引 起 的 -student1- 给 student1 发送悄悄话 (168 bytes) () 07/01/2006 postreply 04:55:14

Thank you for helping me! -student1- 给 student1 发送悄悄话 (182 bytes) () 07/01/2006 postreply 05:18:06

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!