回复:questions to child sedation medicine

来源: MDGG 2006-02-01 18:47:49 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1478 bytes)
Based on your deion, the sedation is called light sedation causing light fully conscious sedation/analgesia. The two major classes of medications are the Benzodiazepines (such as Versed and Valium) and Opioids/narcotisc. Moderate sedations using Barbiturates if the kid weights more than 15kg -- those we use on daily bases.

Versed is a good sedative plus it has hypnotic effect so kid do not remember much (young ladies going to dentist stories everywhere). In the brain there are transmitters called GABA (gamma-amino-butyric acid),an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Benzodiazepines enhance the function of GABA by facilitating the binding of this neurotransmitter to its receptor. This causes hyperpolarization of cell membranes making them more resistant to neuronal excitation. So once the medicaltion is metabolized/carried away, the cell membrane restore to its original function. There is no apparent permenant damage done. I hope he is using Valium to replace Versed now. They are widely and safely used around the world. In fact we used to tease with the nurses by saying "can I have some of those happiness medicine" when there are left overs. No they just through the left overs away.

The stronger ones are Opioids, has good analgesia effect. I would not use it on long term bases (dependency may develop very quickly).

Hope that helps. Please do use whatever necessary to relieve any pain and stress from the little ones!

Hope that helps!
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”