回复:Thanks. what worry?

来源: borisg 2005-08-29 09:37:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1890 bytes)
回答: 回复:5yr old weighs 35lbborisg2005-08-26 12:05:00
Are you still there? I was out of town for a few days.

I mentioned the color of the hair because at age 5 that probably indeed indicates insufficient nutrition intake. The doctor looks at his chart and plots median values and ranges between +/- \sigma. But remember that a good portion of children live in poor, single mother families, that statistics does not mean much.

Picking food is a parent's nightmare. I don't have a magic formula. Try a few things. a. Take a period time, say a couple of weeks, to gradually reduce the amount sweet snacks given to him and all other kids in the family. This at least would encourage him to take more protein-rich foods. b. Don't pay too much attention to him at meal time. The more you do, he is more distracted from eating. If he stays in a daycare during the day, it is almost certain that by the time he gets home he is pretty hungry. The parents tend to give him some junk food first, but then at dinner time he will lose appetite. It's better to have something ready, no sweets, no junk food, but good things that qualify for a real meal, stored in the fridge so that you can serve immediately after getting home. In many families where children go to daycare, they got to go out early in the morning - breakfast in a haste; lunch- god knows how much they eat; dinner- parents pick up kids late, no time to prepare proper food. I would ask parents that fit into this picture to consider their priorities seriously. When the kid is a good eater and pretty much takes of himself, you are lucky. If not, it is your responsibility to make sure at least he has one good meal a day taken in an appropriate environment (I could have add that you need to see with your own eyes that he does so each time). That may sound silly, only one good meal a day? The truth is, many kids who are not good eaters won't even get that tonight.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”