Mark Jackson has a very good reputation in the league

来源: geneseo 2013-02-12 11:38:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1573 bytes)

I look at your matter differently. In NBA there is an old rule called "no layup rule" that used a lot in the East Conference.  Coaches adopt this rule to play their defense.  The defense effort which allow other team to score a layup is considered soft and unacceptable by many old fashion coaches, Pat Riley is one of them.  Players are taking pride to defend the painted area.  Dunking on other team is considered an insult.  Players will get retaliation if they do that...the next time they have the ball they will take an elbow or some other cheap shots as a warning.  I could not imaging Blake Griffin could survive a season back in the 90s for the way he looks to dunk the ball.  But today's game is faster and we don't see the traditional centers and the muscle power forwards as much as we used to.  A lot of small balls lead to a lot of long shooting and open paint area for the dunk.

Mark Jackson belongs to the 90s and that was the way his basketball philosophy was built.  For the fact that GSW play "soft" the pass decades, Mark tried to change it.  And it works so far.  David Lee was a soft defensive player when he played for D'Antoni in the Knicks.  He is a much improved all round player today, give credit to Mark Jackson.

Also, in the NBA when a game is in your hand, you will slow down to let it finish.  You just don't keep on scoring especially try to break any kind of record, that is an unsportsman conduct...and that will disgust other people. 

所有跟帖: 

So, hurt other people is a good thing for you, I can't agree. -白娘子- 给 白娘子 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/12/2013 postreply 13:03:46

intensionally hurting other player -geneseo- 给 geneseo 发送悄悄话 (73 bytes) () 02/12/2013 postreply 13:20:29

ok, let me take a step further here -geneseo- 给 geneseo 发送悄悄话 (504 bytes) () 02/12/2013 postreply 14:04:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”