非常正确 是一个技术活 但什么时候抓住它 也有很高的满足感 哈哈

来源: goingplaces 2023-02-05 14:12:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2545 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ goingplaces ] 在 2023-02-05 14:15:46 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 谢谢你写得这么详细。MarkM762023-02-05 13:40:02

It also depends on which program(s) you are currently focusing on.

For example I was focusing on Alaska Airlines program as we all know it is long over due for a major devaluation (because its charts are too generous comparing to other OneWorld members).

Besides, we really really need to make a trip to Hong Kong.  AS is the best option for this trip thanks to the CX chart is very favorable comparing to all other programs.

So I check Flyertalk's Alaska Forum every few days to see if there are some developments.  Still, I missed the major releases on SFO/LAX/JFK to / from HKG for Oct and Nov at the beginning of Dec 2022.  When I saw the DPs it was already too late at Xmas time.  Nothing was available.  Yet, someone mentioned that it seemed CX released seats in bundles every 4 to 6 weeks.  I did find a date JFK-HKG on Nov 30. but I wanted something months earlier. So kept checking.

Lo and behold,  2 weeks into January, there were many seats from Boston to/from Hong Kong for traveling in Sept and October.  Needless to say, I called AS to change the JFK-HKG already ticketed to BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT and then booked NRT-HKG, HKG-BOS.  There are very inexperienced agents and very experienced agents.  You ask for "International Partner Desk" when a human finally picked up the call...  Usually you were transferred to the right place with a competent agent.  I was very lucky to have a guy who grabbed the availability first, then searched the segment from HKG to Australia,  nothing available in business.  So I asked to change to TYO.  He found several.  We worked out the dates,  and he was able to even use the same PNR of the JFK-HKG plus the $5.60 paid, to transfer to the new BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT, with additional taxes because of HKG departure taxes and NRT arrival taxes. 

2 weeks ago there was a glitch on AS site, LAX or SEA to LHR on BA 57.5K with only $266 cash portion,  that was definitely a glitch.  Many jumped in to book but I decided to pass.   A week later the glitch was repaired,  miles went up to the normal 60 / 65K, and the cash portion went back to the more normal nearly $800... 

Hence I said news traveled very fast in the "hobby" communities. 呵呵

所有跟帖: 

看起来你的经验和经历比我们一般人多多了,以后你要经常向你学习。哈 -MarkM76- 给 MarkM76 发送悄悄话 (258 bytes) () 02/05/2023 postreply 14:48:53

嘿 2006 开始和一小小撮美国网友玩里程 到現在还有两三个不时联系 交流信息哈 其实玩里程很大众化了連 CNN 都会提 -goingplaces- 给 goingplaces 发送悄悄话 (7230 bytes) () 02/05/2023 postreply 17:09:33

非常感谢!这么大的信息量存下来好好阅读!知道这都是你这么多年的经验。 -MarkM76- 给 MarkM76 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2023 postreply 18:11:24

Sam Chui 这种专业的会专门坐一趟飞机就为了体验一个新开的航线,厉害。华人小伙Ricky Zhang 更是大拿。 -土无垠- 给 土无垠 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2023 postreply 19:25:22

By Ricky, you mean Prince of Travel, the Canadian Chinese? -goingplaces- 给 goingplaces 发送悄悄话 (1540 bytes) () 02/05/2023 postreply 21:16:55

Ricky Zhang做的不错,信息比较准确。Lucky 这种大咖一年全天候的在travel. 我们做不到为了旅游而旅游 -土无垠- 给 土无垠 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2023 postreply 21:33:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!