非常正确 是一个技术活 但什么时候抓住它 也有很高的满足感 哈哈

来源: 2023-02-05 14:12:21 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:

It also depends on which program(s) you are currently focusing on.

For example I was focusing on Alaska Airlines program as we all know it is long over due for a major devaluation (because its charts are too generous comparing to other OneWorld members).

Besides, we really really need to make a trip to Hong Kong.  AS is the best option for this trip thanks to the CX chart is very favorable comparing to all other programs.

So I check Flyertalk's Alaska Forum every few days to see if there are some developments.  Still, I missed the major releases on SFO/LAX/JFK to / from HKG for Oct and Nov at the beginning of Dec 2022.  When I saw the DPs it was already too late at Xmas time.  Nothing was available.  Yet, someone mentioned that it seemed CX released seats in bundles every 4 to 6 weeks.  I did find a date JFK-HKG on Nov 30. but I wanted something months earlier. So kept checking.

Lo and behold,  2 weeks into January, there were many seats from Boston to/from Hong Kong for traveling in Sept and October.  Needless to say, I called AS to change the JFK-HKG already ticketed to BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT and then booked NRT-HKG, HKG-BOS.  There are very inexperienced agents and very experienced agents.  You ask for "International Partner Desk" when a human finally picked up the call...  Usually you were transferred to the right place with a competent agent.  I was very lucky to have a guy who grabbed the availability first, then searched the segment from HKG to Australia,  nothing available in business.  So I asked to change to TYO.  He found several.  We worked out the dates,  and he was able to even use the same PNR of the JFK-HKG plus the $5.60 paid, to transfer to the new BOS-HKG, HKG-NRT, with additional taxes because of HKG departure taxes and NRT arrival taxes. 

2 weeks ago there was a glitch on AS site, LAX or SEA to LHR on BA 57.5K with only $266 cash portion,  that was definitely a glitch.  Many jumped in to book but I decided to pass.   A week later the glitch was repaired,  miles went up to the normal 60 / 65K, and the cash portion went back to the more normal nearly $800... 

Hence I said news traveled very fast in the "hobby" communities. 呵呵