Indeed I've got a lot of similar questions at work. I think the

来源: Backcountry 2017-09-25 04:28:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1785 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Backcountry ] 在 2017-09-25 07:59:52 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

I think the key is to educate, not defend.

I was once asked why Chinese women like to use umbrella under the sun? Why does China build artifical islands in South China Sea? Why does China support North Korea? Why does China kill prisoners to get organs? and on and on.

Most of americans don't care about what happens in other countries, TV news is a very good example. Many knowledges got are from very limited sources. So education is a key.

For example, I said Chinese women like to use umbrella becasue they don't want to darken their skin. In our culture white skin has been regarded as a very important trait that shows this person is from an upper-class or wealthy family, well-educated and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle indoors, and bla bla bla.

For atrifical islands, I told them about the history that the area used to belong to China for thousands years, until after 1949, Taiwan was taken over by the Nationality party. Other countries tried to take advantage of China during the civil war and the culture revolution, but in Chinese eyes, it always belongs to China. And bla bla bal.

For North Korea, we talked about what would happend if in war, the refugees, the relations between three generations of power, how North Korean perceives after the Knrean war, how Gaddafi's fate compared to Kim, how China trys its best, and how the reaction of US to Cuba missile crisis. bla bla bla.

And I've found, most of Americans would accept your explanations, and next time when they have problems, they will come back to ask you again.

So do prepare yourself.

所有跟帖: 

说的好 非常赞 -TJKL- 给 TJKL 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/25/2017 postreply 05:30:19

Great. That's what I want to say. -永远是中国人- 给 永远是中国人 发送悄悄话 永远是中国人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/25/2017 postreply 06:16:19

都这个岁数了,大致 relaxed 找个差不多的说法过去就得了。 -yuyun- 给 yuyun 发送悄悄话 (352 bytes) () 09/25/2017 postreply 19:27:05

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”