He should be frustrated, but more with himself.

来源: Warsteiner 2007-03-21 13:19:17 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1869 bytes)
Don't say he never gets a chance. He showed up in training camp totally out of shape. But he still got his playing minutes when he was close. He played 8 games for 25 minutes per game in December, but he managed a lot more than double turnovers than assists, was never a scoring threat, or rebounding force or defensive presence. He got to play another 6, 7 games in a row in January with pretty decent minutes, he didn't improve.

He got his chance when Snyder was sidelined, and he got his chance again when Yao was out. To give him more chance will be a slap in the face of guys like Juwan, Hayes, Head, and Snyder. Again, as a role player, you will have to learn to play OUT your star players instead of waiting for plays called for you. As a role player, you have to earn your PT in practice and in game. He could do neither.

Why should he get any more special treatment? Just to ruin the good chemistry they are having now? Or to piss off your hardworking star players and loyal and hardworking role players?

Bonzi has talent, but never really fully utilized that. As a career 12-5 guy, I expect a lot more from him. Last year's playoff spark was a nice performance under the right situation. To have a fixed role in a playoff team like Rockets, you have to bring more to the table, NOW.

That's how I see the situation. As for the mis-conception that JVG doesn't know how to play him. Check Spree, he was even a more trouble guy, but he performed greatly under JVG, once he was sold in JVG's system. As a role player, you have to ready to do the dirty job first, and wait for your opportunity to bloosm, instead of hoping someone utilizing your "full" skills. Team first, super star second, star players third, solid role players like Shane fourth. Bonzi? It sucks to be him, if he still doesn't know what is wrong with him.

所有跟帖: 

The way JVG is talking and acting reminds me of -看比赛- 给 看比赛 发送悄悄话 (173 bytes) () 03/21/2007 postreply 13:43:50

:)) that's so true -绿色和平原子弹- 给 绿色和平原子弹 发送悄悄话 绿色和平原子弹 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/21/2007 postreply 15:20:15

Let's be honest here. -Warsteiner- 给 Warsteiner 发送悄悄话 Warsteiner 的博客首页 (1328 bytes) () 03/22/2007 postreply 10:58:01

I'm not saying JVG should play Wells or V-Span or whoever -看比赛- 给 看比赛 发送悄悄话 (630 bytes) () 03/22/2007 postreply 11:46:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”