回复:I'm willing to have a

来源: kfbai 2005-12-13 12:26:53 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1999 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ kfbai ] 在 2006-01-03 21:05:29 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: ifidonlike vs. bonbonkfbai2005-12-12 12:03:20
max speed, you need to optimize your final gear ratio to position P(Vmax)=Pmax. So you maximize your Vmax. Here I have shown the use of peak power :). You have to know where it is to optimize gear ratio, don't you?

Your argument is correct based on your premise. That is exactly what torque curve means. It is a thorough deion on output of an engine, pretty much everything you need to know. Saying only max power determines acceleration is wrong, at least in the real world. One point on the curve can not determine the entire range.

Is max power still a useful concept? I think it is. Now you need to think beyond math. First, max torque and max power give a first degree approximation of engine performance. You can roughly draw the torque curve in no time. The curve would creep up to max torque, then go down to Pmax/(it's rpm) then plummet from there. How many times when you look at a car, you take a look at max torque and max power? For me, almost 100%. How many times do you really collect torque curve and gear ratios and calculate 0-60, 0-100, 0-120? For me, it is almost none. If you are like me, you already admit max power is a useful concept. But if you do that kind of calculation most of the time, I do not know what to say (actually, I wan to say you are nuts).

Secondly, your premise is that torque curve and gear ratio are given to you. So you pretty much just sit in a car and drive it. Original buick vs Toyota discussion sounds like discussion on low end torque vs. high end torque/power. (I did not looked at those posts). This is beyond acceleration. Even if you only care about acceleration, you only proved torque determines acceleration. You did not prove which one is better. To answer that, you need to look from engine design/tuning point of view. You need to see why torque curve is like that, how you want it to be, instead of given a fixed one. Looking from this angle, you probably would find max power a concept you can not do without.

所有跟帖: 

回复:回复:I'm willing to have a -Bonbon330S- 给 Bonbon330S 发送悄悄话 (1442 bytes) () 12/13/2005 postreply 15:39:47

回复:回复:回复:I'm willing to have a -kfbai- 给 kfbai 发送悄悄话 (889 bytes) () 12/13/2005 postreply 18:42:17

I probably have to agree with you on: -Bonbon330S- 给 Bonbon330S 发送悄悄话 (1196 bytes) () 12/13/2005 postreply 19:17:11

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”