饺子汤学校文化不好,权贵子弟多,club难进, 国内长大的孩子不容易融入。校友捐款率低,看reddit上的评价一言难尽。

来源: 成功的洋葱 2024-04-11 06:41:02 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3613 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 成功的洋葱 ] 在 2024-04-11 06:55:18 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

1 - lowkey an extension of competitive public schools. i know tons of people who attend (family members, friends, debat*rs) and the vibe is very much whoring yourself out for internships, networking opportunities, anything that'll look good on a resume. i know someone who went there who referred to making friends as "networking". fake, backstabbing, sickly sweet sense of community. there's a reason why Georgetown is ranked #74 for alumni giveback rates, behind basically every other T30 institution - is the Georgetown network really gonna have your back when they're so clearly apathetic about their school?

2 - toxic club culture. so you're telling me that clubs at Georgetown literally have lower acceptance rates than the school itself? granted, most of the competitive clubs are pre professional networking clubs, but with sub 5% acceptance rates, the majority of the school is shut out of important opportunities. like if you go to r/georgetown rn and search up "clubs", you'll find tons of posts that are like "damn, I can't believe i went 0/6 for my club applications". wtf ??? also, social life revolves around clubs! if you're not ingrained into any clubs you won't have fun, which i think is dumb! but that's my personal take.

i got in and turned it down so here’s all the terrible things that went into that decision:

• preppy 

• one of the schools with the highest average income

• people are elitists and very pretentious (i.e. clubs are extremely hard to get into and everything just has a culture of exclusion rather than inclusion).

• have to take theology courses (not necessarily christian but still might not be your thing).

• expensive and gives terrible aid because of their low endowment

• rats

• bad food

• bad dorms

• expensive neighborhood that makes doing anything off campus very pricey

• far from the metro station

所有跟帖: 

政经就是这样,混圈子是大学的一部分,大米理工多,政经可能还是去GU?其他学校学术好混不进圈子 -米汤- 给 米汤 发送悄悄话 米汤 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/11/2024 postreply 07:27:08

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”