回复:这种只会喊口号labeling opponents式的debate也说明中国在很长时间内不可能有什么"民主".

来源: zzz123 2013-08-02 07:09:52 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1550 bytes)
Agreed.

Democracy is supposed to be the tyranny of the majority. That would have been fine. However, the practice of democracy today is more like the tyranny of the moneyed special interest.

I am familiar with the way media works - you would have noticed that almost all the mainstream media, Newspapers, cable television networks seem to have a political bias. The calculation behind this kind of bias is to maximize profit, to the extent that the ownership of said media outlet would allow.

I once talked with my firm's Washington lobbyist about how things worked in Washongton. He said, by and large, politicians in America cannot be bought directly, however money buys access and access makes policy, i.e., if you do not have money then your influence in Washington is negligible. 

We all donate to our industry's lobbying operations, and our money makes a huge difference.

We also buy influence by giving money to "community organizations", and when we need them, we bring them to Washington as window dressers.

We also give our industry regulators great jobs after they leave their government posts, assuming they voted the "right" way.

Sometimes we lose regulatory battles - but this not because our cause is weak, it is because our opposition bought greater access/influence.

Yes, democracy works. It just works a little bit better for some folks ($$$$$) than the others.

所有跟帖: 

套用古希腊和套用马列有很大区别吗? -keessa- 给 keessa 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/02/2013 postreply 07:12:46

嗯,俺现在认为“民主”和“专制”没本质区别,只不过表面形式不同而已 -听听意见- 给 听听意见 发送悄悄话 听听意见 的博客首页 (876 bytes) () 08/02/2013 postreply 07:29:45

回复:嗯,俺现在认为“民主”和“专制”没本质区别,只不过表面形式不同而已 -zzz123- 给 zzz123 发送悄悄话 (14 bytes) () 08/02/2013 postreply 07:59:44

回复:回复:这种只会喊口号labeling opponents式的debate也说明中国在很长时间内不可能有什么"民主". -zzz123- 给 zzz123 发送悄悄话 (624 bytes) () 08/02/2013 postreply 07:36:02

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”