回复:回复:回复:有时还就是鱼和熊掌的关系。藤校--冷门专业 vs 其它--热门专业;名气 vs 职业

来源: LMurcielago 2011-12-06 18:30:10 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1162 bytes)

You got it completely wrong.  It may be hard for you to imagine if you "have not been there, done that".  Be honest with you, who cares about "美国现在的job market 缺的恰恰不是financial services and consulting 而是 engineer" as a whole.  Financial Services and consulting are still hiring many many students, of course not from a state school.

Why would somebody from financial services or consulting switch to engineering?  Would you like to give up your $100K job to be a janitor (sorry, but you get the point!)  I got my degree from Princeton engineering but I did not do engineering for a day.  Why?  Because the pay was low and the upside potential was limited.  I went to consulting for a few years and now I have a business related job.  Would I go back to engineering?  Definitely no!  Why would I want to take a huge pay cut and become a work bee?

You tell me how many people can get into a top MBA program?  It's worthless to get an MBA from no name school.

Yes, there are huge competitions for non-technical jobs.  That's why a top degree is valued!

所有跟帖: 

Agree. My son will be graduate next May from one of the Ivy scho -wqz220- 给 wqz220 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/06/2011 postreply 21:51:18

回复:Agree. My son will graduate next May from one of the -wqz220- 给 wqz220 发送悄悄话 (77 bytes) () 12/06/2011 postreply 21:56:13

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”