The contractor's story

来源: borisg 2013-11-13 14:28:57 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9595 bytes)
First thing, we didn't get $3000 down payment. She sent a check for $3000 that we had to put in bank for several days but she couldn't wait, so she wired $800. The check I returned to her in person. I left some to each of the 3 families so we didn't have much with us when we left.

Before we left we got a call from landlord asking when we were leaving. I called him again about midnight telling him our location. He said two more hours and gave us the lock code to the house to be remodeled for us to go there ourselves. About 2 hours later the car overheated, I called him saying we had a problem. I said I could call AAA for help. He said you were not very far. We didn't ask them for help. We drove a little and stopped to let the car cool down. We finally got there very early in the moring. I texted him that we got there and needed a couple of hour's sleep because I didnot want to wake them up. You can check my phone record. I don't know why they said he stayed up through the night without hearing from us.

She was a hard bargaining person, going through one by one. Finally she wanted to cut down another $500. I said, mam, I have to pay my guys. But she insisted on that. I said, if you cooked dinners for us I would give you that. She didn't do that until last day of work that they said they wanted to take us to a Chinese restaurant. We were busy at work so they brought some take-out. I don't know how much it cost.

We were supposed to pick up a big toolbox from borisg but in the hurry of leaving we missed that. I got what I had in my truck. The owner took us to get two pieces tools, one small trowel and a tile cutter, I guess it's about $5 and $15, if as much as that. After the job they were pretty beaten up, so we disposed them. I bought a corner grinder out of my own pocket. The lady said we took them, it is not true. They borrowed us sleeping bags which we left in the house. There were never any suggestions that we could take the tools or the sleeping bags as some sort of compensation instead of cash payment.

We worked 14-15 hours a day. The guy next door once told us, you guys are always working. The day we slept late was because the material was not brought in.

We painted the house and put in new electric cover plates. Then the guy asked us about the old ones. We told him that we disposed them (who would want to save these dirty old cover plates; you can buy 20c a piece at home depot) then he got very upset. They never asked us to replace the outlets, when the jobs were bargained or after that. It's a totally different job, not part of a painting job. 

They asked us to do a few extra things in addition to what we agreed on, like installing ceiling lights, etc. When I mentioned that it should be added to the total amount he took on me, saying he should deduct his time and drinks, etc.

When we were done the lady came to have a final walk through. Then the guy came, I said your wife had looked at it. He said no and he went through it again. He was picky, going down the floor to check every bit. I remember specifically that he turned up water in kitchen and opened the cabinet below the sink, sticking his head into it to check leaks. 

They didn't say bad things about our work. He said to my guys that you guy should be proud of yourselves.

When it came to the final payment, they said they could not get enough cash from ATM so they were short of $300 on me (we got paid as the job went ). He said, I am a man of my word, trust me, you will get your money.

We came home. They never said anything about leak or anything. It's only after a couple of days I contact them about the 300 then they said there were leaks...

These people are really slicky people. We got screwed really bad because they always tried to let us believe after this one we would get a bigger job. Otherwise I would not have come such a long way to accept such a low bid. 

所有跟帖: 

听起来归根到底就是这最后$300块的分歧 -SouthernCal- 给 SouthernCal 发送悄悄话 (177 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 14:35:22

$300是小钱,i'd rather pay him to get things cleaned up -landlord甲- 给 landlord甲 发送悄悄话 (494 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 15:09:37

工人说的你验工时还夸他们干得不错,并许诺会付最后的300块,是不是真的? -SouthernCal- 给 SouthernCal 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 15:19:27

瓦。。。。。。3方都是失败者。每方都有责任。人道上来讲,这业主太精明太吝啬了。肯定是SHR,kidding。:)) -Sweetold- 给 Sweetold 发送悄悄话 (60 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 14:49:31

You are right on that. -borisg- 给 borisg 发送悄悄话 borisg 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 14:55:21

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈。。。really?I was just purely guessing! -Sweetold- 给 Sweetold 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 14:56:36

可怜可气的老墨。可悲可叹的地主,还是花街投行的地主。居然工人到了现场还讨价还价。 -Sweetold- 给 Sweetold 发送悄悄话 (50 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 14:53:12

闹了半天就是300刀的事,付了就完了!省得总有人惦记着。 -pob96- 给 pob96 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 14:57:37

可是花街投行的业主不打算付清这300块。因为有的工作剩下了。我看波大把这300块垫付算了。免得人家老墨寒心。 -Sweetold- 给 Sweetold 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 15:00:19

还是您先请,请。。。 -borisg- 给 borisg 发送悄悄话 borisg 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 15:02:03

哈哈,谁让你要干这桩好事儿呢?你得收拾这个烂摊子啊。 -Sweetold- 给 Sweetold 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 15:03:08

到底该信谁那?2块钱饮料到底收费没 -P235- 给 P235 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 15:54:14

co ask: what's the story of $2 drink? -咖啡- 给 咖啡 发送悄悄话 咖啡 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/13/2013 postreply 17:34:44

The contractor's story sounds more true to me. These two were ch -不得不说no- 给 不得不说no 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/15/2013 postreply 08:27:58

The contractor's story sounds more true to me. These two were ch -不得不说no- 给 不得不说no 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/15/2013 postreply 08:27:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”