回复:回复:回复:complicated issue and risk at bankruptcy

来源: zzz123 2013-11-08 13:32:14 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1238 bytes)
My own deferred account is just a book keeping account held by my employer - no real money is invested anywhere. My employer does this as an additional perk for the executives. On the 10K, this was hidden on the liability entry. This account is not funded thus is a very junior liability thus it is unlikely that the participants will get paid in the event of a bankruptcy.

My employer has been around for a long time and is financially extremely conservative so I am willing to take the risk.

Unfortunately, apparently you need to submit your W2 when applying for financial aid so it will look very strange to the financial aid officer at the college if your medicare income is 100's thousands dollars more than your taxable income. As a result, I will not be applying for financial aid for my kids when they go to college. It will be kind of embarrasing if they ask me about this, because clearly I am highly compensated.

That said, I would be very interested in learning more if someone with real-life experience tells me it actually works. My family is actually living a pretty frugal life because I am putting most of my base salary and cash bonus into my NQDC account.

所有跟帖: 

虽然小孩还有几年才上大学。要先研究好。 -jjj7- 给 jjj7 发送悄悄话 jjj7 的博客首页 (16 bytes) () 11/08/2013 postreply 13:40:44

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”