Urgent Help Needed

来源: 牛年好运 2013-05-11 08:00:47 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (10515 bytes)

I understand that everyone is busy on the weekend. Please help me deal with this urgent situation:

We have nailed down everything with the tenant except the 15ft above ground pool. They said that they will repair the damage to the grass when they move out. Originally we said ok. After consulting our property manager last night, she advised that 
No allowed to install the above ground pool since in general insurance company does not insure tenant with swimming pools. We will lose our insurance. We sent the potential tenant e-mail that we DON”T allow the above ground pool.

They came back with the following:

About the pool, it is an issue to us and I will like to ask you if you could call your home insurance agent and confirm that your property manager is 100% right. I was reading about it and all insurance company will take pools in different conditions depending on the type of the pool, the yard (fenced or not) and in some cases they will race the premium for the month that the pool is up (two to three month) that we will pay for the difference and we could include the pool if necessary in the rental insurance so you will not be liable for it.

Please let me know in what direction you will like to move so we can react accordingly

Here is their basis:

1.     Hu*****and works for a local university with credit score of 760. Annual salary based on the latest two stubs: $90,000

2.     Wife is self-employed, cleaning service, claiming annual income: $30,000. We didn’t check that.

3.     One daughter in the grade 9

4.     Good previous landlord reference. They have lived there for 3 years. The landlord is listing the house for sale. We have checked.

5.     Hu*****and is very handy. They agree to handle small simple house problems by themselves. We only pay for the material. According to the letter from the current landlord, that is true.  

6.     3 year lease with the monthly rent of $2200. They will potentially renew the house after the 3 years if his daughter goes to the university he is working.  

7.     This is our current home. We will rent it out since we want to move to the south. We bought it for $408,000. Our agent suggested us listing $340,000 if we seriously want to sell. Since we will at least loose $85,000, we decided to rent it out.

8.     Apparently they like our house. Yesterday the potential tenant gave my hubby $500 deposit that will committed them not to look any more for houses to rent and we not to offer the house to anybody else. They said that one other house agreed with what they required. But they like our house better. 

9.     We have listed the house on Craig list for 6 days now. 2 shows. I reclined couple on the phone since we don’t think they will be good fit.  

10. We like them due to the good credit score, 3 year lease, the hu*****and is handy, and good move-in date. They seem communicable.

11. We hope to move out in the middle of August, so we still have some time.

Please share your thoughts:

1.     Affirm NO.

2.     Call our home insurance company to see what they say. If an insurance company is ok but raise the premium, can we say ok now. Who should buy the rent insurance? Can any liability related to the pool be included in their rent insurance? When they should buy the rent insurance? What other steps can help us from the future liability?

所有跟帖: 

Fire your property manager -凌长老- 给 凌长老 发送悄悄话 凌长老 的博客首页 (707 bytes) () 05/11/2013 postreply 08:21:42

Thank you for your positive reply. Any good insurance company to -牛年好运- 给 牛年好运 发送悄悄话 牛年好运 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/11/2013 postreply 09:57:43

You can buy insurance for this. -abc1967- 给 abc1967 发送悄悄话 (123 bytes) () 05/11/2013 postreply 09:28:53

thank you landlord insurance suggestion, any recommendation -牛年好运- 给 牛年好运 发送悄悄话 牛年好运 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/11/2013 postreply 09:56:44

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”