回复:请帮忙评价一下My Fund Allocation:

来源: IndependentMind 2007-07-17 07:37:41 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1737 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ IndependentMind ] 在 2007-07-17 18:22:36 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
It is hard to give real meaningful recommendations without knowing your specifics (long-term investment objectives, investment horizen, risk tolerance, tax status, and etc.)

Here are a few general comments that may only worth 2 cents:

1) Your portfolio has presence in all large, mid, and small caps stock funds. That is a good thing. And the relative allocation seems to be reasonable as many conventional wisdoms will suggest.
2) Your portfolio also has 25% of its allocation in foreign stock market. That is something I do the same for myself. I think in general 15%-25% is a confortable zone to be in.
3) Specialty-Health care 10% . 10% will be my cap. I believe the health cost in this country will contiune to rise, and I don't see any feasible reform now or in the near future can reduce the cost without compromising the quality. Personally I don't think any particular segment warrants more than 10% of ones entire portolio because it is not as diversed as a general stock fund.
4) Specialty-Global Telecommunication 5% and Specialty-Technology 10%. Personally I would have them reallocated to a utilities/nature resource fund.
5) I will add some bond funds if I were you. (I know you just dumped them as you stated in your earlier post. And yes I know the recent return for bond funds is really dull. Nonetheless, if history has ever taught us anything, it is that someday you will appreciate them a lot more than today.

Last, my understanding is that your risks vs. returns stated in your post are relative to their peers, right? If not, then I think you have found a heaven, and I will very much like to learn how you did it(low risk but high return). Care to share? ;-)

所有跟帖: 

agree with adding bonds and natural resources -jas07- 给 jas07 发送悄悄话 (136 bytes) () 07/17/2007 postreply 07:55:46

Thanks. The risk/return assessments are morningstar data -caren- 给 caren 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2007 postreply 11:50:35

回复:Thanks. The risk/return assessments are morningstar data -IndependentMind- 给 IndependentMind 发送悄悄话 IndependentMind 的博客首页 (76 bytes) () 07/17/2007 postreply 16:27:20

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”