plan for a new party in DFW area

来源: planotx 2012-08-10 14:56:58 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2883 bytes)

Hi,

In this summer, one of the hostest topics is AC repair.  DFW area has a lot of 100+ day and small landlords feel the pain.  JY started a good idea and Monkeyboy made a good suggestion (email copy):

>>

Volume talks. When I bought insurance policy, we combined all the properties my partner and I owned (jointly and separately), we got very good deal.

We need to negotiate a package deal wit A/C companies too.

Another suggestion is portable A/C, costco sells for $299 with 14000 BTU, Brand is Haier. That will give your tenants temporarily relief so you do not get phone calls every 30 minutes. If you have 10 properties, you'd better have 1. You know you have peace of mind. DO NOT buy window unit. 1st BTU is not enough, 2nd it can be challenging for senior and female tenants.

For landlords with small number of units, you can work together to stock 3-4 portables to cover 20-30 properties. After all, you will use one for a couple of days for one property in the summer. You can do something like timeshares.

It is also a good idea to stock several condensers, 2.5-ton for 2nd floor and 1000sf condo, 4-ton for small 1st floor and 5-tone for large 1st floor.

When in a hurry, we can not shop for good deals. So we'd better stock a couple. If we have 20 landlords in the pool, each come up with $200, we will have $4000, we can shop for good deals, stock several. When you need to use it, you pay the price we bought, 1st come 1st server.

We need to uniet. Volume speaks, money talks. Big money talks louder.

Just my 2 cents.

>>

I would like to organize a new party to discuss how to make it work and who want to be part of it.  The topic is not limit to AC repair, and could be anything related to house repair (roof/foundation/appliance/paint/plumbing...).

If you are interested, and want to give your thought, please email the group: dfwtzlc@yahoogroups.com or qqh me. Let me know your suggestion of time/date and location.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”