回复:Highland Hills Apartments

来源: monkeyboy 2012-04-27 18:14:37 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1880 bytes)
回答: Highland Hills Apartmentsjy1012012-04-27 16:37:30

have been under water for quite q while, it's time to come up to get some fresh air.

pls think about it. If the deal is so good, why don't you hear anything from local DFW landlords? There are lots of experienced and smart investors I know, like planotx and texastrader, you think some how this super nice deal just suddenly gets dropped from their radar screen?

I used to own a 64-unit apartment with other partners in that area. My apartment was 3 miles from this apartment. Just tell you 2 incidents, you make the judgement yourself.

1. in sprint 2008, a drug deal went bad in one of units. Bruthas started shooting each other. One got killed in unit, another died in parking lot, the 3rd one died in his car 2 miles from the scene.

2. in september 2008, another suspected drug deal went bad, bruthas escaped to the apartment accross the street, and 2 groups started shooting each other accross teh street. When 2 police cars arrived the scene, they started firing to police. Police called for support, 18 police cars came and one police holicopter arrived.

carrying handgun to collect rent will NOT work, what you really need is the best SEAL team in the country to protect you.

Owning that apartment was my single biggest mistake and caused me the single biggest loss in my investment career.

What I learned from this is don't ever think I can handle any tough situation. My ego worths nothing camparing with my responsibilities to my family. There is absolutely no reason to get into a war zone no matter how tough I think I am. No money, millions or billions can justify the risk.

If you guys still want to go for it, you can call me any time for advise. It is just that the closer you apporach to this type of area, the further away you are from you investment goal.

所有跟帖: 

haha, thanks for the info.... -jy101- 给 jy101 发送悄悄话 jy101 的博客首页 (154 bytes) () 04/27/2012 postreply 18:24:17

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”