富贵有根吗?美国的数据

来源: commonsense888 2012-02-21 11:05:14 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1738 bytes)

根据美联储的2001数据,美国最富的1%家庭只有9%是靠继承得来的财富。另一研究讲,只有10%的身价几百万美金的人是靠继承的。第三个研究指出,今天的百万富翁,只有2%的财富来自继承。

My Krugman post brought a lot of emails asking about my assertion that “the vast majority of today’s rich didn’t inherit their money, but made it themselves.”

For the sake of brevity, I didn’t cite the research behind the statement. But since many of you have asked, and we aim to please here at the Wealth Report, here are my three main data points:

1. According to a study of Federal Reserve data conducted by NYU professor Edward Wolff, for the nation’s richest 1%, inherited wealth accounted for only 9% of their net worth in 2001, down from 23% in 1989. (The 2001 number was the latest available.)

2. According to a study by Prince & Associates, less than 10% of today’s multi-millionaires cited “inheritance” as their source of wealth.

3. A study by Spectrem Group found that among today’s millionaires, inherited wealth accounted for just 2% of their total sources of wealth.

Each of these stats measures slightly different things, yet they all come to the same basic conclusion: Inheritance is not the main driver of today’s wealth. The reason we’ve had a doubling in the number of millionaires and billionaires over the past decade (even adjusted for inflation) is that more of the non-wealthy have become wealthy.

所有跟帖: 

“来自继承“很难定义,很少有人通过直接继承方式,继承财富,那是犯傻 -万枫- 给 万枫 发送悄悄话 万枫 的博客首页 (57 bytes) () 02/21/2012 postreply 12:45:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”