There are two edges for 1st generation immigrants:

来源: Morning3evening4 2012-01-16 19:03:46 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1211 bytes)
回答: 若给你50万美金,如何投资林韵2012-01-16 16:34:14

Willingness to work hard and technology. Your friends is willing to open restaurant, I bet she/he is willing to work hard. Without knowing what is his/her strength in tech, very difficult to give suggestion.

However, I am willing to give your a case I know. A friend of mine who is a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry field started a business of providing food/nutrition analysis for small businesses. He started with 100K loan 10 years ago. He worked extremely hard, and of course, with good personal skills, develped his company to about 20 people. He sold his company last year with almost 7M. Most his employees are chinese Ph.D. in Bio- or Chem. field, who are not easy to find a good job in the industry (including me, I worked 2 years in the company, which I am very grateful.). It is a very stressfull and demanding job because he has to target small businesses. In the field, the rate of failure is very high for American-run company. However, there are a lot of business, indeed, as far as I know. The key is the cost control. If your friend has the courage to run a high-tech company with restaurent style, likely she/he would success.

Now, you tell me, is this worth 200 bucks?:).

所有跟帖: 

failure rate for small biz is 90+% -jy101- 给 jy101 发送悄悄话 jy101 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2012 postreply 19:09:32

Agree! 生意是不熟不做尤其是技术含量高的,否则只能是攒点诸如餐馆之类的辛苦钱. -红叶- 给 红叶 发送悄悄话 红叶 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2012 postreply 19:19:56

A good example can give us a lot of courage. Thx a lot! -林韵- 给 林韵 发送悄悄话 林韵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/16/2012 postreply 21:15:23

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”