market is random (for the most part)

来源: noconfusion 2011-08-23 19:05:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1966 bytes)

if it's 100% random, then all the effort trying to outperform is pointless... only in very few occasions (to me, maybe once or twice a year, if that), the odds seem to strongly favor 1 side or the other.

when I say strongly, I'd say 70% certainty.. it doesn't seem too high, but that means winning $2.3 for every $1 loss.. which is exceptional.

anybody can do 10% over random (60% certainty, day in day out), means he wins $1.5 for every $1.... he'd be the king of wall street if he can consistently do that.

even 5% over random (55% win vs. 45%) is still very good over the long term.

Now you see why trading is so hard.. even a good 55% win rate has lots of uncertainty that puts tremendous pressure on the trader.

That's why I always say forget trying to outperform the index.... as a landlord you'd prolly have much higher odds than 70% to collect rent.

even getting to the 55-60% range will take years of hard work, IF the trader practise the right way.... which is a very big IF... vast majority look at news, macro analysis type of thing, garbage in garbage out...others look at moving averages, redline crossing the blue line, again garbage in garbage out... these people will forever be stuck at 50%, as random traders.

How to get to the winning side? very simple - the 10,000 hour stare. If you stare at charts that long, and spend that much time to understand who are the participants, and what they do... then you'd prolly succeed, like in any other profession.

so I say just forget about it.... I have about 2000 hours under my belt... so I admit that I am not a very good trader who can pull money out for a living.... but 2000 hours is enough to get out of the randomness stage.

Anybody saying this thing is easy - Ignorance is Bliss.

trying to pull money out of zero sum game, is always harder than from something with positive expectancy - like collecting rents.

所有跟帖: 

我花了2年时间Full Time的研究Chart。 我每天都能看出几个成功率大于70%的Setup -trendspike- 给 trendspike 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/23/2011 postreply 19:10:46

care to take a real time challenge? lol -noconfusion- 给 noconfusion 发送悄悄话 noconfusion 的博客首页 (316 bytes) () 08/23/2011 postreply 19:19:04

随机不表示没有规律 -大家帮我买房- 给 大家帮我买房 发送悄悄话 大家帮我买房 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 05:34:08

Even if you have 60%-70% odds -半日浮生- 给 半日浮生 发送悄悄话 (179 bytes) () 08/23/2011 postreply 19:14:27

市场是有规律的,但不是确定论,而是满足stochastic integral -大家帮我买房- 给 大家帮我买房 发送悄悄话 大家帮我买房 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 05:32:51

废话连篇,说了等于没说一样 -朱哥靓- 给 朱哥靓 发送悄悄话 朱哥靓 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/24/2011 postreply 18:36:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”