剛才在圖書館的键盘上打了一大段,來不及貼:

来源: 中间小谢 2019-10-14 18:01:47 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3379 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 中间小谢 ] 在 2019-10-14 20:26:57 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

A lot is involved here....I disagree with most of it but I do regonize some insights and arguements in it.  Let's just bring forth one thing for this time:

You seem to argue that History exists but 历史学 which is a discpline of the study of History cannot exist independently enough. I agree to that. Years back I told a friend that only an economy exists not an economics (and he agreed). But we shouldn't carry this argument too far. This is because, obviously, the study of history is still meaningful, it is just not sufficient to be a seperate discpline. You claim that this "study" is driven by some sort of "ultimate anxiety" about "where we came from", then following some standard argument of Materialism ( I am assuming this is the English term for 唯物主义 though it doesn't sound that right. Someone should correct me if this isn't the right word), you arrive at the conclusion that any meaning from this type of "study" is false, or arbitary. If this is the case , you just fall into the same trap as the author of "A Brief History of Humankind" did -- some kind of false enlightenment as pointed out by Xiu3 Zhi1 Yuan3 (the fellow who interviewed him).

"False enlightenemnt", this is how it works as I see it: You first single out a particular thread or theme from some reality, put it in some novel perspective, then develope some argument in pretending that this thread or theme expalins the whole of that reality throughly. For instance, he argues that currency is "all human history is about" ( I didn't read his book, but learnt about it from others' reviews, comments and quotes). The problem is, by the same tokens, I can as well argue, say,  "language is all human history is about", or "medicine is all human history is about", or "food is all human histry is about".... The trick here is, currency, language, medicine or food do permeate the whole of human history therefore they do appear explaining the whole of it, but this is only a illusion. We all know that language or food don't explain all history.

Same with an argument of materialism, only here "materials" is in the place of  currency, food, or language.  Material is more general than any specific items, hence that feeling of enlightenment  come with it is more convincing. But it is still 假药 as suggested by a comment above. Therefore if a materialistic explanation of history satisfies you, it is because material is all you see. As a proverb states: If the only tool you have is a hammer, then everything resembles a nail.

所有跟帖: 

太啰嗦,不好意思。簡述: -中间小谢- 给 中间小谢 发送悄悄话 (416 bytes) () 10/14/2019 postreply 18:39:00

同感。很多所谓“理论”,都是只要在某种程度上自圆其说。 -stonebench- 给 stonebench 发送悄悄话 stonebench 的博客首页 (230 bytes) () 10/15/2019 postreply 05:06:32

" I didn't read his book, but learnt about it from others' revie -Kumara- 给 Kumara 发送悄悄话 Kumara 的博客首页 (873 bytes) () 10/14/2019 postreply 19:40:46

急需的書都讀不完,可疑的衹好先放過。 -中间小谢- 给 中间小谢 发送悄悄话 (257 bytes) () 10/14/2019 postreply 19:49:04

那就谈谈你认为更重要的书 -Kumara- 给 Kumara 发送悄悄话 Kumara 的博客首页 (125 bytes) () 10/14/2019 postreply 19:58:42

不啰嗦,我现在觉得世上根本没有三言两语能说清的道理。但是我不喜欢你的经济学例子,更不喜欢书作者currency的例子。。。 -FarewellDonkey18- 给 FarewellDonkey18 发送悄悄话 FarewellDonkey18 的博客首页 (1103 bytes) () 10/15/2019 postreply 10:01:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”