我来讲我知道的

来源: newcar2007 2013-05-09 08:24:02 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2102 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ newcar2007 ] 在 2013-05-09 20:06:42 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 再贴关于downtown的来由talkatwxc2013-05-09 08:00:21

我根据记忆回了这帖子,在回帖里没写名字,记不住了。本以为这个帖子没人关心了。上午又Google了一

先要知道两个人

Johnny Most: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Most

Brent Mu*****urger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Mu*****urger

Hunter S. Thompson 是个作家,他说Johnny Most, 60年代的体育播音员,Mr。 Most先发明了from downtown 这个词,就是形容远距离投篮。
在80年代早期的NBA 总决赛 Brent Mu*****urger大用特用这个词。

下面是 Thompson写的:

Hunter S. Thompson claimed that it originated with Johnny Most, the Celtics announcer in the 60s. However, it wasn't until Brent Mu*****urger started covering the NBA finals for CBS in the early 80s that the term gained traction.

That is when Mu*****urger changed the language of sports forever when he kept repeating this ignorant notion that any basketball player firing off a long 3-point shot is shooting from "downtown." (Celtics announcer Johnny Most might have coined the "downtown" trademark in the 1960s, but it was Mu*****urger who beat it to death.) I still hear in my dreams his wild gibberish every time Michael Cooper or Dennis Johnson drilled one of those long flat-line 3-pointers. "From way downtown!" Brent would scream. "Another one from Downtown!" It drove me mad then -- & it still does every time some fool blurts it out. It was quickly picked up and adopted by a whole generation of half-bright TV commentators every night of the bloody season. It has become part of the Lexicon now, & it will not be easy to correct. In gyms & Coliseums all over America (even in Greece or Korea), wherever basketball as we know it is played, there will be some howling Jackass braying, "From way downtown! Another 3-pointer! Is this a great country, or what?"

It is the Curse of Mu*****urger.

网友talkatwxc讲的我以前听过,就是NY的事。网友lakersfan讲的我是第一次听到,学海无涯啊。

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”