none of the reviewers actually used the spray though, but

来源: Ragnarok 2011-08-10 11:19:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2481 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Ragnarok ] 在 2011-08-11 03:42:27 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: read thisenTiger7442011-08-10 11:06:27

just out of curiosity, i did a search:

"Does bear spray really work?

Q.} Does bear spray really work? I have heard mixed things. If it does work, how?
Submitted by: Tom, LA

A.} Bear spray is made of very hot peppers ground up and forced from a pressurized container. It burns the eyes and noses of bears that walk into the mist sprayed from the container. The effective range varies from 18 to 30 feet, depending on the product you choose. Manufacturers say their sprays work best at about half the maximum distance. Wind and/or rain shorten the effective distance. In all cases, the bear is pretty darn close.

Does it work? In laboratory conditions, every time. Out in the wild, sprays vary in their effectiveness. In 20 well-documented cases of spray being used on grizzlies, the bears were stopped by the spray. But three of the bears came back later and attacked. In 26 cases of spray vs. black bears, six of the bears returned, but none attacked. There are probably no more than about 70 known times spray was used against bears in the field. That's not many to base a sure answer on. But it looks like bear spray probably works most of the time when used according to the manufacturers' instructions.

The spray, of course, needs to be kept very handy. And most experts suggest practicing with a container before actually using it against a bear. Keep in mind, though, that practice is expensive, since bear sprays will not be the cheapest item in your pack. "
The actual effective range is probably 10-15 feet for these sprays.  you can probably count the nose hairs of the bears by that distance!!!  but i guess that is probably the best defense to grizzlies (brown bear).  but just in case, get ready to play dead! :D

所有跟帖: 

谢谢2位,值得研究一下 -云漫- 给 云漫 发送悄悄话 云漫 的博客首页 (198 bytes) () 08/10/2011 postreply 11:22:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”