My experience with Canadian health care

来源: smeagolrocks 2008-04-22 11:12:14 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1268 bytes)
Last Summer I went back to visit my mother-in-law in Montreal. She has a lake-side property and we would go swimming every day. One day I jumped off the deck into the water and a broken clam shell cut into my foot. I was bleeding very badly so my hu*****and took me to a near by hospital. I had to pay $600 because we are from America. So I paid and waited to be seen by a doctor. I waited from 8:00pm to 8:00am and no one did anything to me. Finally we left and my monther-in-law did some homy treatment to me.The second day I flew back to US and I called the hospital to give my money back because I received no treatment at all. I finally go my money back but lost $30 something because of the exchange rate.
I heard in Canada the health care is free, which is nice. In US I pay $300 a month for my family - my employer pays some too. However, I have really no complain about the service. If I feel something is wrong with me, I email my doctor from my office and a nurse would call me right away. If I need to be seen, the appointment is usually within a week. I remember when I delivered my second daughter, my whole family stayed in a suite in the hospital, with DVDs and hot tubs and free meals... Almost like a vacation .
You pay for what you get...I guess.

所有跟帖: 

unique experience. -用户名被占用了- 给 用户名被占用了 发送悄悄话 用户名被占用了 的博客首页 (612 bytes) () 04/22/2008 postreply 11:38:04

You didn't need to go to the hospital. -acanuck- 给 acanuck 发送悄悄话 (357 bytes) () 04/22/2008 postreply 14:29:11

回复:You didn't need to go to the hospital. -smeagolrocks- 给 smeagolrocks 发送悄悄话 (756 bytes) () 04/22/2008 postreply 19:39:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”