谢谢,谢谢!此贴实在有用!

来源: 苗苗妈 2013-09-26 10:32:46 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1834 bytes)
回答: 被俺爸痛苦推过的人帮你女儿说句话olga872013-09-26 09:58:43
我也是听她自贬,心痛阿. 然后觉得自己肯定哪里做错了. 要么是目标错了(考Gifted Program), 要么不是目标的错, but my attitude. I have never said, "you are slow or stupid". But sometimes I frown or put on a disappointed look.
Also, my way of teaching is not for her type of children. I am task oriented. I know what will be possibly tested, then teach her those skills. Some say, long division and simplifying fractions are not for third graders. They are right. Only the enrich class students(about 20%) will take the tests for gift program. Only 8% will be selected. And those what I taught her are included problems in the tests.
You are right, I need to encourage her to think in her own way. At every parent teacher conference from preschool to now, I was told, "She is very smart!" Why the Americans always see people in a positive way, while we cannot?
She loves reading, and is good at retelling stories. She has very good memory of words and their meanings. She speak relatively fluent Chinese, and learn the Characters in an amazing short time. She arranges acts, such as "The life cycle of a butterfly". She picked up 3 songs. Scene1, music on, lights on, her little sister inches forward in a costume like a caterpillar, nibble on a scarf--the pretend leaf. Then lights off. Scene 2, music on, lights on, her little sister wiggles under a blanket. That's the chrysalis. Then lights off. Scene 3, happy and swift music on, lights on, she came out from the blanket, flying around. She has imagination. She said once, "The angles are having a pillow fight. That's why you see snow flakes are falling down."      
Thank you all for your kind suggestions.

所有跟帖: 

好可爱的聪明孩子! -olga87- 给 olga87 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/26/2013 postreply 10:54:24

kids are developing. it might be hard for her today but will be -qiaomaidou6- 给 qiaomaidou6 发送悄悄话 (721 bytes) () 09/26/2013 postreply 11:53:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”