用手写的CertifiedCourt Disposition

来源: ryukyu 2008-05-23 14:31:11 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1843 bytes)
Thank you, guys, for all your help in the past two months. The court today agreed to dismiss my case under no penalty. (Briefly my ex-girlfriend and I had an argument during which she screamed. My neighbor called the cops and we were asked to go to the court the next Monday because we pushed each other. We are charged for Disorderly Conduct.)

I have obtained the final disposition letter. On mine is written the following:

Count: 1 Disorderly Conduct Type/Class: M/C
On or About 3/20/2008 In Violation of CGS/PA No:53a-182

Under Court Action is stamped today's date and HANDWRITTEN the abbreviation "DISM" under the column "additional disposition."

Further down, under other court action is stamped the date two months ago when I first went to the court with the handwritten phrase "LPO Issued" (I think it means protection order).

The the clerk placed a seal and sighed her name. That's it.

The disposition letter does not mention that my case is closed. Nor is the word "Dismissal" formally printed out: everything is handwritten. Is this a standard disposition document?

I am leaving the country in five days and am going for my visa stamping in two weeks (I'll definitely post my result). The questions I have are the following:

(1) Is the letter mentioned above the standard certified court disposition letter that I should carry whenever I cross the US border or visit the US consulate?
(2) Is this considered a conviction under immigration purposes?
(3) Do you guys think I should reveal this to other countries' consulates when I apply for visas when asked about arrest? Some countries ask for "criminal record: yes/no." I have been told by the court that nobody but me have access to the dismissed record.

Thank you once again for all your help.

所有跟帖: 

回复:老猫请帮助我 -ryukyu- 给 ryukyu 发送悄悄话 ryukyu 的博客首页 (930 bytes) () 05/23/2008 postreply 14:36:07

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”