That's why I said you still don't get it

来源: CyberCat 2011-03-28 12:55:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1818 bytes)
回答: You probablly did not read my story carefullyCoolVoice2011-03-28 12:11:00

My feeling is that the presiding judge was really just trying to do a favor to ask you guys to settle (That I agree with lao Mao). After your refusal, he had no choice but throwing out the case on summary judgement. Do you know why? It was because you just did not satisfy your duty to present a prima facie case, regardless how hard you tried to prove Visa's lies. I simply don't see anywhere in your story that Visa singled you out because you are a Chinese. Yes, I believe they singled you out as a person, but as a Chinese or as an alien? I just don't see it or you just did not present the case good enough.

On the other hand, I believe your employment with Visa was Employment at Will, which means they did not even have to give you a reason to let you go. That basically sets the bar even higher on you to present a good case. Yes, their arguments that you did not perform might be weak, but what you think the court can do? Deciding for the Visa who is performing well and who isn't? I also believe there are other considerations that the judge even cited all the reasons that Visa gave out for letting you go. In giving out judicial opinion, judges have to concern themselves with setting the precedent. That's why most of the judges are trying to rule as narrowly as possible and what finally get to put ont he paper is not necessarily what ultimately decides the case.

From what I've read so far from your posts, my feeling is that you simply did not approach the case from the right angle, or maybe you just did not have a case. Still I want you to differentiate one thing: The fact that they singled you out and you are a Chinese or an alien does not necessarily mean that they singled you out because you are a Chinese or an alien.

所有跟帖: 

In my annual performance review, manager did give me a low grade -CoolVoice- 给 CoolVoice 发送悄悄话 (303 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 13:27:40

Yes, to a certain extent -CyberCat- 给 CyberCat 发送悄悄话 (83 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 13:35:45

If the fact that they singled me out and I am a Chinese, they ha -CoolVoice- 给 CoolVoice 发送悄悄话 (103 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 13:35:08

Here is the problem -CyberCat- 给 CyberCat 发送悄悄话 (166 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 13:36:46

Did following elements establish the discrimination? -CoolVoice- 给 CoolVoice 发送悄悄话 (168 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 13:52:16

Haha, I am not the judge and my opinion does not count -CyberCat- 给 CyberCat 发送悄悄话 (249 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 13:56:44

why will same arguments serve differently in terms of a lawyer o -CoolVoice- 给 CoolVoice 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 14:01:59

Because they are all in the same field. -CyberCat- 给 CyberCat 发送悄悄话 (553 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 14:07:09

So it is hidden rule? -CoolVoice- 给 CoolVoice 发送悄悄话 (152 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 14:38:50

Yes, probably. -CyberCat- 给 CyberCat 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/28/2011 postreply 14:41:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”