转:惠普中国区歧视性裁员,部门经理公开信告知30万员工!

来源: 蛇蝎子子 2014-07-15 23:45:18 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (61709 bytes)
又一次在新闻上看到了歧视国人的消息,Fox新闻台的种族主义和排外言论让人震惊。近日同样的歧视国人案例又一次发生在知名的美国IT巨头惠普身上

2014617日惠普在十分钟内紧急裁撤中国TS研发部门并以保密为由拒绝提供任何解释,惊魂未定的惠普人随后发现全球5TS研发部门仅仅中国全员被裁,美国,德国,爱尔兰和印度的部门非但没人任何人员的裁减,美国和德国的部门立即开始招聘新人来填补中国人离开的缺口。在中国员工的一直要求下,惠普官方被迫给出的裁员的原因竟是让人啼笑皆非的节约成本。为什么惠普这次裁员迅速且保密,如此急不可耐的如后妈般轰走曾经奋斗多年的中国员工?所有的中国员工都需要一个答案。随后711日惠普公司中国区的该部门经理发表了一封致惠普总裁的公开信。信中揭露了惠普公司某高级副总裁针对中国区员工涉嫌种族和国别歧视的的裁员行为。此信件迅速的在惠普全球三十万员工中传播并很快在国内外众多社交网站上展开激烈讨论。来自世界各地的惠普员工纷纷表达了对此次事件的关切,以及对这次种族歧视行为的谴责。

作为第一家进入中国的外资公司,作为一家美国硅谷象征并强调社会责任的公司,为何一再在中国问题上犯错?是中国病了还是惠普病了?这个问题值得惠普以及所有在中国的跨国企业深思。

附HP上海被裁部门经理Kevin Li 发给HP CEO Meg Whitman 的原文:

Dear Meg Whitman,

My name is Kevin Li, I am a manager in TS RnD China site. I am very sorry to bother you again, but I believe this should be the last time that I have opportunity to send mail to you, since I and other colleagues will leave our company—HP in a few days, which we once loved so deeply. A little bit sad, but no more choice.

Hewlett Packard is a sign of culture and spirit rather than Helion, Haven or Moonshot. Here, “HP Way” is a model for how we act, how we treat others, and the way we conduct business.  SBC is the bottom line of our behaviors, if anyone violates SBC, whoever he/she is, the VP or SVP, should be punished. We used to believe that HP is responsible for his own staff and his mission. This is the source of passion, dedication and loyalty. If cheat and conspiracy do not violate HP’s moral standards, if racial discrimination and betrayal behavior do not need to assume the SBC consequences, is HP still a company of honor? We are using the turnaround of moral in exchange for the turnaround of revenue, is it what we want?

Please allow me to briefly introduce what we experienced in these days again, you can find more details in the mail loop:

Background:

TS RnD is focused on Foundation care/Proactive care/Datacenter care solution for HP enterprise devices. These are the core business in TS.  TS RnD China site is one of the largest site in this business unit.   People from this site are involved in the product development at almost every product. China team is proven as a team with positive attitude, solid knowledge and outstanding performance in the past. This is the reason that all of people were asked to transfer from HPIT to TS RnD under no condition two years ago. 

Official Decision:

On June, 17th, The VP announced that the whole china site was closed in ten-minutes All Hands Meeting which included a “non-answered” Q&A session.  Then, all of Chinese colleagues in TS RnD China Site were forced to stop any works immediately, sign the “agreement” in three days and leave HP as soon as possible. Meanwhile, TS RnD will backfill and hire more people in Germany, US, Ireland and India. 

Key Decision makers:

Name

Title

Role

Site

Otto Roerden

Vice President

Decision maker

Germany

Paddy Medley

Director

Decision maker

Ireland

Scott Weller

Senior President

Approver

United States

Official explanation:

Reducing costs and optimizing the allocation of resource

Comment: Fire Chinese and hire new people in Germany, US, Ireland and India, reducing costs?  Close the biggest site with all knowledge of all products and rebuild this knowledge in a new team in other sites, optimizing resource?

Real Reason:

Racial and national origin discrimination and the political scandal

Comment: a typical project team in TS RnD is mostly like a football team in The FA Premier League. The teammates who are coming from different country play on different position. If the League announces that all American players are forbidden in the whole league. What is your thought, Meg?

Although this is known to all that we couldn’t change anything at all: comparing with the whole HP, one hundred people’s voice is too weak to be heard; comparing with the SVP and VP, my grade is too low to impact the final decision. We cannot survive in this mismatched war. However we believe there is still someone in HP who will feel ashamed on this dirty trick and there is still someone in HP who will stand up as us when he/she is suffered unfair treatment.

We decide to quit this company which was once regarded as the platform we could “make it matter”, light the passion and share the dream.  But till now, it’s hard to say bye to all of friends here. HP is a great company with lots of talented people, but HP is also a place with extreme complicated organization structure and always “make it mad”.  We are all HP employees who deserve to be treated with respect and recognition. Today, however, the company is not setting a good example.

In the end, I propose to carefully consider the following suggestions:

1. When leadership begin to lay off 16,000 employees in the coming quarters, please make sure that all things are in the way of openness, transparency, participation, and for the company's interests. The target is not only to reduce the cost number in the financial report, but also to aim with efforts for higher productivity. 

2. For Racial and other political reasons, the behavior against the company and individual should be banned and the relevant personnel should take the consequences, whatever his rank is and social relations are.

3. Never cover up another mistake with a mistake.

4. HP way is proved by action but not fine words.

For the discrimination behavior that we experienced in HP, we reserve the right to appeal by China and U.S. law.

Kevin Li  On Behalf Of all colleagues in China TS RnD center

Cell: 86-13661661926

E-mail:kevinlee2010@hotmail.com

Wechat: kevinlee999999

Sina Weibo:  为了忘却的纪念617

PS: Tencent and Sina should pay for advertising to me

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:55 AM
To: PDL EGTS RD SH RAE
Subject: 
回复SBC裁定邮件

以下是昨日回复SBC team的邮件:

收到高层回复,结果已定,且在HP的时日无多,本无需多言。但是今天收到同事来信,还是觉得作为经理,无力去保护自己团队,让他们接受不公正的待遇,非常惭愧。所以还是应该做些什么。信件如下:

昨晚回到家,我再也控制不住自己,眼泪不住地往下流。为什么要把我仅有的也夺走呢?

过去这两年我经历了太多变故,但是至少还有你们,还有HP一直让我觉得很安心。今天早上醒来的一刹那,我在想昨天发生的事情究竟是昨晚的一场梦,还是真实存在的。直至此刻,我还在幻想会突然有人告诉我他们改变主意了。

可是,真的,一切都结束了。

依然清晰地记得,2012713日,来到hp的第一天,首先见到了Kevin,他穿着短裤,拖鞋,满脸的笑容,Kevin带我见了Kent, 竟然也是短裤,拖鞋.我想,这一定是我喜欢的地方。那天,Cloud顶着一个爆炸头,很热情地告诉我各种情况。青霞感冒了,穿着那件绿色格子衬衫,还很单纯的样子。我就坐在了他俩中间。

PAF2.0开始了,Rule,SBS,UI都慢慢变得熟悉起来jasper,john,youg,Jacky,Tim,Jim 也慢慢熟悉了,这是一个很随和的team.对了,还有那个很拽的家伙,下午才来的一舟。后来我们迎来了rainnick.

我们一起吃饭,唱歌,那时我还脸皮很薄的,所以只趁开始人少的时候哼了一曲,很抒情伤感的十年,没有现在这么暴力。若是放在大学时代,Team的酒文化我是很喜欢的,可惜在我不能喝酒的年代遇到了你们。

刚开始几个月我还是斗志很足的,可惜好景不长。13年元旦之后的一天早上,前几天的肚疼变得更加剧烈,尤其是当我走起路的时候,基本要走几步歇一下。不知道当时的我脑子在想些什么,我依然准备坐公交去公司。到了站点,眼看班车停靠点就在马路对面,我却感觉脚下被粘住了,挪一步都困难,还好看到Jim,他扶我上了班车,到了公司。当然,随后我还是去了医院。

后来我被诊断为白塞病,因为血栓,我的腿不能再做剧烈运动。时至今日,公司的三层小楼,我也只能一口气上两层。那段时间我坐着轮椅,我每天问自己,为什么是我?当然没有答案,我只能从跟每天因车祸丧生的人们的比较中获得一点宽慰。后来我发现这个问题毫无意义,我除了选择接受它之外,根本没有另外一个选项。

从小养成的积极的心态让我很快去调整自己,我开始把注意力转移到工作上。但是慢慢地我发现我开始有点力不从心,我的身体状况让我难以承受稍微忙一点的工作,也许我真的该放弃这又爱又恨的IT了。这么久以来,感谢Cloud没有让我做很多的工作,同时也辛苦了青霞和大家。因为有你们,才让我坚持到现在,你们给了我很多感动和快乐。

也许你们会发现,后来我变了,我变得话多了,我变得更加放得开,我开始在Ktv狂吼,我开始努力追求自己喜欢的东西。有朋友说:你变了,我不喜欢现在的你。但是,不管我怎么做,都不可能让所有人喜欢我,我又何必压抑自己,讨好别人,是时候为自己活了。

生活又开始正常起来,虽然它夺走了我很重要的东西,却也给我留下了你们。每周五天和你们在一起的日子,感觉真好,我小心翼翼地珍惜着这每分每秒。却不想在我们开开心心的旅行之后,它又给我们开了一个大玩笑。不要怪我哭泣,不要怪我不够坚强,也许泪雨过后看到的世界才更清晰。

我最好的青春和最坏的时光都留在了HP我最好的青春和最坏的时光里有你们。

最后的一些建议:

有些事,现在不去做,就再也不会做了,希望你们能坚持自己心中的梦想。有些人,错过了,就真的错过了。

健康当然很重要,远离熬夜,珍爱生命。坐坐走走,多喝水,勤上厕所。青霞,Echo,女孩子还是少喝点凉的。

不抽烟,少喝酒,适当运动。烧烤真的不是什么好东西,回头是岸。

党员们的党费记得交了再走。

真的舍不得你们。。。。。。。。。

All of life is an act of letting go, but what hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.

人生也许就是不断地放下,然而令人痛心的是,我都没能好好地与他们道别。

If every unfolding we experience takes us further along in life, then, we are truly experiencing what life is offering...

如果我们在人生中体验的每一次转变都让我们在生活中走得更远,那么,我们就真正的体验到了生活想让我们体验的东西。

看完这封信我感到很失落,长时间的沉默。在过去的四天时间里,太多的东西被颠覆:责任,信念,理想,价值,让我和很多同事一样不知所措。直到看到这封信,我觉得是到了离开的时候了。

并非希望得到更多同情与关注,只是希望告诉各位,HP之所以在一步一步前进着,正是因为还有这些相信HP,认同HP,热爱HP自认为血液也变成蓝色的同事们努力的结果。我们相信HP会对自己的员工负责,对自己的使命负责;我们认同HP的文化,并愿意为之投入激情,并保持忠诚;我们热爱HP因为我们知道这里是把握机遇,创造未来的舞台。所以我一直和我的团队说:我们是一个团队在战斗,只要我们不抛弃理想不放弃希望,我们会和HP一起实现我们的价值

除了我的团队,在中国我们一共有一百个同事参与了TSR&D 3个产品线的10余个产品组的开发与测试的工作。这基本上涵盖了TS R&D所有的产品组的各个不同的岗位,其中有大量岗位的knowledge是上海团队所独有的。在去年和今年至今为止,中国团队的绩效也得到了多方面的肯定和赞扬,正如某位副总裁亲口承认,TS R&D在中国的各个团队没有任何绩效的问题。中国团队对于工作的态度在整个部门中是最积极。就在宣布消息的前一天晚上十点还有众多同事还在公司辛勤的忙碌着。如果我们的离开能够帮助公司优化成本,整合资源,或许我们并不会这么无奈。在项目进行中,按地域和种族裁减掉众多拥有多年经验的高绩效的员工,同时开始在成本更高的国家招聘新的员工,以满足公司成长的目标。这个逻辑有点考验我们的智商。

FY12我们被要求离开IT参与组建这个部门,所有员工必须无条件的加入,我们接受了。

FY13我们被要求尽最大努力维护团队的稳定,不要有任何员工离职,我们做到了。

FY14我们被要求立即签署协议离开HP,你让我们怎么去爱你,HP

虽然我并不保有任何幻想,在中国HP还有谁可以给我们一个合情合理的解释和处理结果。但是这件事发生在HP,发生在中国。最为惠普公司的一名中国员工,面对这样一个结果。我还是感到非常的耻辱。在HP的五年我也经历过多次动荡和裁员,但是对于这次发生的一切,闻所未闻,见所未见。假借政策之名,行个人违纪之实的恶劣行为,却在一个标榜社会责任,企业文化的公司畅行无阻。HP所失去的的不仅仅是即将离开的一百的同事,更是HP自身的声誉以及众多员工对HP的信任与忠诚。

前天看到一句话: 记住不要欺骗和伤害别人,因为能被你欺骗和伤害的人,只有那些真正相信你和爱你的人。

人如此,公司也如此。

Regards

Kevin

Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:08 PM
To: TS RnD Team Roerden All
Subject: Fareware TS R&D

I am Kevin from shanghai site. My team have worked on PAF, IRS and MC Refresh in the past 3 years. You may know me or not, but it’s not important any more since I will leave HP with other 100 shanghai team members in the coming few weeks and these colleagues will lose their jobs and hopes from next month, Not only themselves, but also including 100 families will be hurt deeply by this decision.

Yesterday we were all shocked for the nightmarish message from the VP that Shanghai site will be closed (this is without any earlier notification). We cannot believe that the access authority to any project system has been removed in such a short time,   our engineers are still working on the daily tasks 20 minutes ago and would like to check in the code, we couldn’t  finish tasks even it is ready to go. We were also not ready to stop all the projects meetings, and discussion. All is a sudden!

In the 10 minutes all-hands meeting which includes a “non-answers” Q&A session, everything is confidential to shanghai team. Then we are forced to sign the so-called “Agreement” papers in 3 days and leave HP in the next few weeks. The girls began to cry, we stopped them: “ Don’t weep for others’ fault. We are always doing great job and never made any mistakes. The only reason of this decision is that we are Chinese and we live in China.” We know that only China site will be closed, while there’s not any impact to India, Europe and US TS  R&D. They will continue to hire more people recently.

I don’t want to complain anyone or anything here. All what I want to do is just to hope the friends here could remember us --TS RnD Shanghai team;  please don’t hesitate to say bye and thanks to our Chinese friends,  wish all the best. We are all HPer during a couple of years, which is precious and unforgettable indeed.

Last night one ex-HPSCer posted a twitter “ I was roused from sleep at 3:00 a.m. I thought I would attend a regular conference call in the morning. After a while, however, I notice I don’t need to attend this meeting any more. Then insomnia…” I believe he is not the only one who lost sleep last night. June 17th ,2014 is a special day for entire shanghai site and TS R&D. You cannot imagine that even on 16th, MC team successfully released 1403’s package and PAFers still stick on the tasks for the coming sprint demo till 10 pm. I know this is not a big issue that everyone cares about. But as a manager in China, I’d like to  say to the whole team: you really did the great works, I’m proud of you all !

I attached some photo and hope shanghai team could be remembered, sometime, somewhere…

Best Regards

Kevin

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist; 
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist; 
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew; 
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up. 

Martin Niemoller 1945

所有跟帖: 

外企的中国员工 -HouRaymondY- 给 HouRaymondY 发送悄悄话 (200 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 02:45:09

任何雇主的关键字都是利润,利润面前其他都是次要的,这么基本的还需要解释吗。 -猫狗大战- 给 猫狗大战 发送悄悄话 猫狗大战 的博客首页 (382 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 04:37:38

这跟歧视无关。要想挽回,只有全体中国惠普员工罢工抗争 -吕不韦_2009- 给 吕不韦_2009 发送悄悄话 吕不韦_2009 的博客首页 (69 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 04:49:16

童鞋,你贴那么多遍想干啥?这里没人有办法的。 -凤姐虎弟- 给 凤姐虎弟 发送悄悄话 凤姐虎弟 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 08:18:34

习总欧巴也没辙。 -凤姐虎弟- 给 凤姐虎弟 发送悄悄话 凤姐虎弟 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 08:21:56

都六十的人了,嘴还这么碎。不知道怎么被教育和教育别人。真替你着急。 -mashu007- 给 mashu007 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:54:37

跟进 -happycow222- 给 happycow222 发送悄悄话 (1 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 08:24:41

外国公司的裁员不都这样吗? 以为是国企呢?!工作不是自己的,还真以为可以在别人的公司追寻自己的梦想啊 -简妮猫猫- 给 简妮猫猫 发送悄悄话 简妮猫猫 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 23:50:43

你说得来国企好象从来没有过大裁员似的,也对,人那叫“下岗”,不是裁员 -37210- 给 37210 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 15:57:10

中国人最大的问题就是自以为是,除了冷嘲热讽,就是各扫门前雪。到了海外,更觉得自己是另类。怪不得在美利坚还被别人鄙视。我支持蛇蝎子 -mashu007- 给 mashu007 发送悄悄话 (232 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:48:13

我就在HP工作,所有的人,这里,无论来自那个国家,都对有勇气去抗争的人表示尊敬和支持 -mashu007- 给 mashu007 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:51:32

支持你,支持中国人,支持为了不平去抗争的人。我帮你继续发。 -mashu007- 给 mashu007 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:57:43

在各个国家地区,只裁中国人的话, 是能够成歧视。 -emplid- 给 emplid 发送悄悄话 emplid 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 06:58:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”