I expect he has multiple accounts.

来源: Jeepster 2012-01-25 18:59:39 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1148 bytes)

For example, this TDAmeritrade account is his taxable account mainly for trading. Besides that, he might have IRA account(to hold all kinds of bonds, IBond/TIPS), 401K/403B account, 529/Tuition prepayment, life insurance policy, long term care insurance poilcy (just for tax diversation purpose). Furthermore, he could consider owning rental investment(possible farm land, forest), oil/gas limited partnership, precious metal and foreign investments(including foreign currency). If I guess wrong, and the majority(more than 50%) of his investment is indeed in this TDAmeritrade account, I strongly suggest him immediately seek high quality professional advisery(including estate plannng and tax). Otherwise, the loss could be more than "一成皮". Many years ago, I was at the right time and right place to ride through Netscape, JDSU, QCOM and CSCO. At one time in 2000, most of Wall Street analysts believed Cisco's capitalization could eclipse 1 Trillion within a year. Today, 11 years later, Cisco's market cap is just above 100 billion.

Last thing, I can NOT give professional advises because I'm not in that business.  

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”