Either silver or gold are not offically money now.

来源: _学无止境 2012-05-31 15:44:01 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1042 bytes)

However, Silver has been used as money in far more contries than gold. China never used gold as money but we used silver, Great Britain started with silver as money, US monetary system favored silver over gold at beginning. There are nearly same amount of gold and silver above ground but silver is 55 times cheaper. In the turn of the 20th centry, government favour silver standard since it is easier to inflate. It can be increased quicker.

We never know what will become the money in the future. However, gold only seemed fail very easily, not sure why. Maybe it is too rigid. Bimetalic is more likely if the world will ever comes to a metal standard. But I am not counting on it. I like silver since many key industries depend on it. Even the world is not going to a metal standard, industry use is enough to squeeze the price. I don't want to list the uses.

If I am the government, I will choose paper first, silver the second and gold the last as money.

所有跟帖: 

Gold was the value store, and silver is the currency,,,回复:Either -hercules007- 给 hercules007 发送悄悄话 hercules007 的博客首页 (1043 bytes) () 05/31/2012 postreply 16:22:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”