回复:请问大家都用什么磨刀

来源: finhassan 2009-03-25 00:52:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2317 bytes)
one piece of simple knife shapener like this
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=195406&CategoryID=31773

and one piece of honing steel/sharpening steel like this
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=71862&CategoryID=31773

do the honing thing with the steel every time/other time you start to use your knife; and do the sharpening thing only if you find the honing does not appear very much efective.

wet-stone, well, requirs a little bit of skills, and a little bit of practice; and it should not be used too often. you may start with a quite budget knife to practice with the stone,so that you would not be that much worried if you happen to put scars or accidential scratches on the blade.

my experience?

i have had my last block for 16 months,i use honing steel everytime when i start using my chef's knife; and i use the sharpener thing, well, not yet.

however, i do the the sharpening thing for my old block every 10 -12 weeks. my mother in law uses my old block, she says she likes them better.

the wet stone, i only use it for my cleaver in the restaurant kitchen, because it tends to be abused unintentionaly anyway by staff. but for home use,i have not used the stone yet. and i dont think i will use it unless the knife is really dull.

my cents?
if you have a new knife and you want to keep it good; then,regularly using the steel and the sharpener like i mentioned above, will keep your knife in good condition for long time. the wet stone, you might not need it.

if you have an old and dull knive but with a good blade,and you dont want to discard it, try if a simple sharpener can bring the edge back to good condition. if not, then try the stone, or send it to the professional sharppener.

if you have an old and dull budget knive, and you dont want to replace it with a new one; you know what, you can try everything...,stone, sharpener, steel..as long as you can get your edge back. but remember, a good balde can hold the edge longer and better, and a budget knive, needs the sharpener more often.

all above, are just my personal opinions and suggestions. i do hope you might find them helpful. and please, do correct me if there is any.

我,打中文超级慢。拱手,抱拳,有礼。
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”