My 2 cents. Weston is the steak expert.Any more to add?

来源: OregonRain 2009-01-07 12:32:49 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2213 bytes)
Let me try to answer your question. Weston and other people can show their experties.

1) VERY IMPORTAND, the steak needs to be unthaw completely. Use paper towl and pat them dry before you season it. Remember, pat dry!!! Papper towl are cheap.....
2) Season it and let it stand for 15 minutes depend on what kind of steak you would cook. All I use is sea salt and fresh grounded pepper. Someone like to use store bought steak seasoning. I don't. The store bought stuff has too many artificial ingredients. You don't know what you eat. Sea salt and pepper are good enough if you have good quality meat.
3) Very important, temperature need to be high enough when you grill the steak. When I say high means you can't stand it for 5 seconds if you put your hand 2 or 3 inches above the pan. (don't burn yourself)
So, you heat the pan first. Make sure it is hot enough. Then add oil. Do not add oil in the pan or grill while waiting for the pan heat up. Add the steak in the pan or grill. You should hear the sizzling pretty loud. And do not touch it. Let it sear good.
4) Turn over the steak 3 to 5 minutes later to check the searing stage. Make sure it is seared good, golden and brown before you turn over. Again the time is depended upon the thickness of the steak and what type of the steak you have. It could be longer if you have big, thick steak.
5) Remove the steak when it reach the doness that you prefer. Let it rest for 10 minutes if you want to cut or slice them(We serve sliced the Sirlon Tip steak at home).

In term of the pan to cook steak, there is no restriction. I have used indoor grill, Staninless Steel pan (good and heavy one), and cast iron pan. I like them all. But I do prefer to use pans than grill because my grill is bigger and heavier than my pans. A grill works great if you want to grill big steaks for more than 4 people, for examples, T-bone steak, ribeye steak. However, I do feel like the stainless steel pan gives beautiful sear than both grill and cast iron pan for some reasons. I don't know. Look back, hard to say I use more stainless steel pan or cast iron pan. But you get my point.

You will do fine. I am sure.

Good luck!

所有跟帖: 

奥雨M讲得这么周到,我再讲是画蛇添足了 :).LZ也可参考蝌蚪的贴. -weston- 给 weston 发送悄悄话 weston 的博客首页 (7 bytes) () 01/07/2009 postreply 16:43:25

哪里,我只是在大师们的面前班门弄斧 -OregonRain- 给 OregonRain 发送悄悄话 OregonRain 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/07/2009 postreply 18:47:54

Thank you so much!I'll save your post and try it. -kiwi66- 给 kiwi66 发送悄悄话 kiwi66 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/08/2009 postreply 00:52:09

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”