回复:大妈, 能不能给个焗雞飯的方子? 我很白:( 多谢~~

回答: 上菜~~~~大媽豬2008-11-30 13:00:50

Ingredients:

Chicken (I used 2 chicken fillets)
1 medium carrot
1 medium onion
Half a green bell pepper (I peel the bell peppers)
Half a red bell pepper (just because I like color:)
Garlic
1 large leek
Small Jalapeño (I only used a teeny bit and out of a can)
(everything finely minced)
Hint of curry powder, salt, pepper and paprika powder

1 cup uncooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups chicken broth
2 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt
1/8 tsp hot chili pepper
1/2 tsp herbs de provence (or an Italian mix)
Pepper to taste
Olive oil
Pinch of fresh or dried parsley.
Aluminum foil

Preheat your oven to F350 (175C)

Chop all your veggies. Make sure everything is roughly the same size and there are no big chunks.

Cut up the chicken fillets (you can also used cooked and shredded chicken I’m sure, I just prefer this method because it gives a little more flavor) and season with salt, pepper, curry powder and paprika powder. Sautee them until they’re just about done, make sure not to overcook them. Remove them from the skillet and transfer to a big bowl.

Add a little more oil to your skillet and sautee the veggies, start with harder veggies like carrots and work your way to the softer ones. Everything should still have a firm bite so please make sure not to overcook them or everything will end up mushy. Add the vegetables to the chicken.

Get everything ready. I used cream of mushroom soup because I simply can not get my hands on Campbell’s cream of chicken soup anymore in the Netherlands, but that would have been my first choice (2 cans). In Holland it’s hard to get your hands on Lawry’s so feel free to use regular or any seasoned salt you have in your kitchen cabinet.

Add the rice and soup, two tsp of Lawry’s (or to taste), 1/8 tsp hot chili powder (1/4 is better but not great when you have a toddler eating this as well), and half a tsp herbs of choice. Give it a good stir and then add the chicken broth. This is what it should like when combined. Doesn’t look too appealing at this point, huh?

Transfer it all to an oven dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.

Put it in a preheated oven for an hour. After an hour you remove the foil, taste it (don’t burn your mouth!) the rice should be almost done at this point. It should look something like this. If the rice is still too uncooked put the foil back on and give it another 10 to 15 minutes and then repeat this process.

Give it a good stir (I keep thinking of that ‘do the hustle‘ song whenever I say this:) The steam gave the pic a blurry effect, sorry ’bout that.

Put it back in the oven now, uncovered, for roughly 20 minutes and feel free to add the broiler during the last 5 minutes oven time just to get a little more color on top.

Put it on a plate, sprinkle some parsley on top and dive in
Bon appetite.!!!
recipe from what's cooking

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!