Quakers oatmeal is the fastest

来源: elfie 2022-11-25 10:00:14 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1462 bytes)

Add some raisin, brown sugar, mirowave 1+1 minutes. Time is very sensitive for making breakfast.  I only got half hour between getting up and clocking in at work because I don't want to get up at 5:30 am and make breakfast. Sometimes my shift starts at 6:30 or 7am, and I have to drive for 20 minutes. So Quaker oatmeal,  one fried duck egg and a cup of reheated coffee are all I can make and finish in 10 to 15 minutes.

This simple breakfast can sustain me for a whopping 6 to 7 hours of working at the deli.  Sometimes there is no break for the entire 6 hours if no one can replace me at the deli counter. One day I worked from 7am to 2:30pm without a break because we were short of hands! That's 7.5 hours. The entire 8 hours I didn't feel particuloursly  hungry because of the 8 oz bowl of oatmeal in the morning. It releases energy slowly.

So I stick with oatmeal and egg every morning, no matter what I do for the rest of the day. I teach at a school, sometimes I work at the deli at a grocery chain, sometime I relax at home, oatmeal is my go to breakfast. I don't even need to put up a thought about making other things. Once th routine is set, this is it. Food is to make me alive and viable. Taste and variety  are secondary. I am that kind of person who doesn't want to pick what I eat daily. I think making food is a very boring thing. 

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”