吃在Santa Fe - 第二天(图)

来源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-04-17 10:00:05 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4744 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-04-17 10:06:22 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

The plan for the second full day in Santa Fe (April 05) was to check out Taos Pueblo, a preserved living native American Indian community made entirely of Adobes. We decided on taking the High Road to Taos, and three stops were planned on the way - Chimayo, Truchas and Las Trampas.

As in my last blog, I think it's important to appreciate food in the context of history, scenery and art of Santa Fe.

The scenery along the way to Taos was breathtaking both in forms and colors. No wonder the famed artist, Georgia O'Keeffe, found her inspiration and spiritual home in the landscape of New Mexico. This kind of rock formation was a common sight along the drive..

Chimayo, home to a fabulous old Adobe church, was our first stop..

Don't you love this door? Once again, the warm earthy tone against the blue sky..

I was walking into Leona's Restaurant, a long time fixture of the little town of Chimayo and started by a hometown girl turned glamorous Pam Air flight stewardess. The kids were taking a break from visiting the church and enjoying an ice cream, sort of their lunch :-)

I loved the red pepper decor inside the small establishment, a feast for the eye. The warm vibrant colors were jumping right out at you!

Our last stop before Taos was the town of Las Trampas..This was just the front gate of an ordinary residence in the town..

Finally Taos..Vibrant colors were everywhere - seen from these store fronts..

... from a painting by a local artist..

and from a window display that was captured by my daughter..There is so much contrast in this picture - the rustic frame against the youthful and sophisticated flower, the warm tone of the flower against the color of the frame..

Our real lunch/dinner was had at Michael's Kitchen right in the historical area of Taos..

Michael's Kitchen is a family friendly establishment offering New Mexican fares..The interior has a rustic, down-to-earth and intimate feel..

The complimentary bread was nothing I had seen before, and it tasted great even without the butter..

I ordered the chicken quesadilla. I don't know whether it was because of the fresh guacamole or some other secret sauce used in the making of it, and I only know that it tasted irresistible!

My hu*****and had a sandwich which was equally tasty!

The kids ordered pasta from the kids menu..

Santa Fe had yet to fail me in almost every aspect..

Thanks for reading.

点这看下一篇: 吃在Santa Fe - 第三天(图)

所有跟帖: 

不错不错~真后悔前几天去Albuquerque出差没有顺道拐去Santa Fe看看呀! -dididar- 给 dididar 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/17/2012 postreply 11:42:07

是啊,Santa Fe is a very charming town.. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/17/2012 postreply 12:07:26

Santa Fe 有一个Spa 叫Thousand Waves, 在山顶上,很有意思。 -弄堂宝贝- 给 弄堂宝贝 发送悄悄话 弄堂宝贝 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/17/2012 postreply 12:00:23

唉,早知道就好了:-( -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/17/2012 postreply 12:05:32

那个fried bread 看着象 sopaipilla -anonymous4- 给 anonymous4 发送悄悄话 anonymous4 的博客首页 (1656 bytes) () 04/17/2012 postreply 12:30:50

谢谢给我长知识。非常好吃。。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (390 bytes) () 04/17/2012 postreply 12:52:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”