Avoid emotionally loaded words,

来源: One1618 2022-01-31 09:04:04 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1844 bytes)

such as "discouraging", "confusion", "frustration", etc..

His abrasive behavior indicates that he does not want to be seen working with you. He is telling others to see him separate from you.

The problem lies with the leadership. Hard to imagine his brazenness in an office without looking at the upper management.

It's a tough situation. But being a "passive victim" is not going to lead to a good outcome. If you need to be "allowed" to speak at a meeting, not sure how your manager is going to think. Some of your wordings make the manager hasitate to support you because he is not sure how much effort is required on his part.

Address observable behaviors, do not imply motive or intention, especially in written form. Do not hint on race unless you have hard evidence.

Focus on the work, not your emotions. You cannot control how others behave, but you have control over your reaction. Don't let his behavior distract you from the work issues.

(Some of the wordings that make you sound weak:

for the time being   <telling other you are not certain, you are not committed>

S will provide support for Area 1 and I will provide support for area 2  <reverse the order>

S has been very discouraging.  <it's your feeling>

I am still confused why...  <never say you are confused>

as a minority woman over 50 with accent  <not adding anything, do not mention age>

I will try to be professional to...  <avoid the word "try". I have been professional...>

)

所有跟帖: 

很有道理。我个人总体有点negative -LIZAR- 给 LIZAR 发送悄悄话 LIZAR 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2022 postreply 10:39:00

他主持会议,非常强势,感觉不给别人说话机会。以后我会努力改变这个格局 -LIZAR- 给 LIZAR 发送悄悄话 LIZAR 的博客首页 (56 bytes) () 01/31/2022 postreply 10:40:57

有的会议大家七嘴八舌,最终没方案也会棘手 -julie116- 给 julie116 发送悄悄话 julie116 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2022 postreply 12:28:29

如果我们平级共同支持这个装置,我必须要参与进来啊。 -LIZAR- 给 LIZAR 发送悄悄话 LIZAR 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2022 postreply 14:11:50

如果和外部客户,其他部门交流,你俩可以提前沟通要达到什么目标。 -julie116- 给 julie116 发送悄悄话 julie116 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2022 postreply 15:00:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”