Should I look outside job now?

Following is background: I am just above 40, in bay area, have about 8+ years software engineer experience. Join this big company one year ago. Originally have the impression that it should be work-life balance job as company is so big, so, even take less compensation when joined. Now, found that the pressure of this job is very high, and has to be on call every 6weeks. Team has big Indian resource, so, early morning and late evening conference is very normal. US has 3 team member, but one is prepareing to swtich job, and another knows how to play and don't work a lot. 30+ mile one way from my home.

Ask suggestion: applied an internal job, and has been given offer. After talking with current manager and director, both are mad, and said that they can only let me go after 6month as the "hot" project support from our team. Future manage is negotiating with them now, but inform me that as the project is hot in company, it may be complicated the transfer. So, the internal transfer may not work. In this case, what shoud I do? Try to find job outside, or stay in current team and try to negotiate whether can work from home? Worrying whether I can stay in the team as there is no trust between manager and me. Pay is not high, the only good part is that the company should be very stable. Also, don't like interviews. And spouse insists that I should switch company given the high pressure of this job but not good pay. If I stay in the team, will the manager kick me off once new people can take over staff?(this may need around 1yr)

Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

你图大公司工作稳定,但是你目前的状况很不稳定.所以这个职位对你没好处. -Pink侠- 给 Pink侠 发送悄悄话 Pink侠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/08/2014 postreply 09:17:01

有好的机会就换工作,否则就先这样干着 -多年以前- 给 多年以前 发送悄悄话 (388 bytes) () 05/08/2014 postreply 09:45:13

先等等内部调动的消息。 -废话多多- 给 废话多多 发送悄悄话 废话多多 的博客首页 (871 bytes) () 05/08/2014 postreply 10:40:07

No company is a stable company. -HouRaymondY- 给 HouRaymondY 发送悄悄话 (24 bytes) () 05/09/2014 postreply 14:43:24

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!